Military ground sheet/half shelter tent configurations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Hello there. Thank you for the replies. I got 4 of the Canadian forces sheets and two are in newer condition and two are heavily used but serviceable. Not bad for the $20 CAD each. The BW Poncho is in good shape and the Dutch woobie poncho liner goes well with it. Got some Swiss poles that need a little sanding to get into the grommets. I will look up the Jurtenland / Tortuga Wanderkohte and see what that is like. Thank you again.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Hello there. I have been getting some gear from Varusteleka the Finnish Surplus shop. There they sell the Savotta Hawu 4 and 8 man tents. It is an interesting design with very flexible applications. Although the shop does not ship to my Country of Origin (Canada) because of litigation concerns!!?? Oh well I have more than a few available options to explore. Thank you again everyone for the ideas and responses. Cheers.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
It's just the new military equipment embargo that the NATO decided recently against Canada.

Nothing serious, you know?

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Believe me, you should get a teepee like cotton tent where you can ignite a well sized fire inside.
That's nice for the kids and very comfortable.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
We have here a member who lives next door with Varusteleka.
You also can write an e-mail, but he surely also can talk to them.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Yes I have been looking at the options and hot tent type heaters and stoves. Nothing like a fire going to warm the bones in the dampness of nature. I liked that video of the German type teepee tent. Yes Canvas is much preferred over nylon or synthetics to have around sparks of an open fire for certain. Would like a direction towards that member if possible? Thank you.

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE