Mil-tec poncho liner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Thinking of making a PLUQ (poncho liner under quilt) as my current underquilt, made from an old sleeping bag, is way too bulky/heavy. A lot of the ones available on eBay are Mil-tec ones, which makes me a bit nervous. They do come in a good range of colours, though, which is attractive. Anyone got one? How small do they pack up?

Wolfman Zack

Sep 12, 2012
US
I have a "real" US surplus poncho liner, and it is great.

It rolls up to about the same size as a pair of cargo pants.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Give Kev at Endicotts a call, he will sort you out with a proper one, it's where i got mine and it works a treat

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
The one on their site is not genuine issue, I'm concerned it might turn out to be Mil-tec...
Do you use yours with a hammock? I'm hoping it will be warm enough - I've got an Alpkit Hunka I can cut up to make it windproof (it was £5 in the sale!)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
i use mine with my Warbonnet works well and is very warm, the one i got from Kev was a genuine one, you need to call him though, as not everything is on his website

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Looking on his website the combo including the poncho is the same price so might go for that but will call him, as you recommend!

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
i should have mine at the next meet if i can get there, your welcome to have a looksee if you like

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Is yours sewn? I'm thinking about getting one before the meet as want to pack light for this one. I'll only be there Friday night. I've got an old Moonbag in the car - wondering whether that would be comparable - it's more space rather than weight that I'm worried about

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
yep, i turned the edges over and made them into channels through which i ran elasticated cord so it snugs up nice and tight

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thinking of making a PLUQ (poncho liner under quilt) as my current underquilt, made from an old sleeping bag, is way too bulky/heavy. A lot of the ones available on eBay are Mil-tec ones, which makes me a bit nervous. They do come in a good range of colours, though, which is attractive. Anyone got one? How small do they pack up?

A real one (surplus issue) rolls up to fit in a 1 pound coffee can (about 4-4.5 inches diameter and 6-7 inches tall.

bushytoo

Forager
Feb 15, 2012
london
I don't have a miltec poncho liner but I do have a miltec molle rucksack and I can say it's very good bag especially for the price I paid for it, it's tough and durable. If they make the rest of their products in that vain, then the poncho liner is worth a shot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE