Mike Ameling dies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
MikeAmeling.jpg

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Very sad indeed. Mike was one of the great posters on this forum. I never met the guy but his wisdom will be missed. :(

Rest in peace mucka, around that great campfire in the sky.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Very, very sad, always read his posts and I did notice he was quiet these days. I've only one of his firesteels but it's an absolute cracker! Go in peace sir, someone has just got a good hammerman!

Cheers,

Alan

2788873859_b12ab8677a_b.jpg

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Very sad news like many on here I had a firesteel from Mike and he was generous to send me a second steel free as a gift. I would also liked to have met Mike who seems to have been a great guy.
God bless D

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
I for one will miss Mikes contribution to this forum as well.

For someone who called himself Grumpy he sure was generous. Apart from sharing his knowledge freely, whenever I ordered steels from him he never charged postage and always threw in an extra one or two for free, all because I work with kids.

George

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I was only chatting to him a fortnight back to thank him for the 3 steels he had sent me. In what seams typical of the man the 3rd was a freebie and the postage on them was more than he had asked me to send.

One of natures gentlemen. I wish I had the chance to know him better.

Tom

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Oh no :(

RIP you "grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands"

Reading that line at the end of his posts always cracked me up. He'll be missed.

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE