Migraines, do you suffer?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
I get them, and have done since I was 11, sigh.. I only tend to get them about twice a year. I think mine must be triggered by some types of unnatural light - I had my last one after a different light bulb was fitted in my room and then again when I was at a hockey match and looked up at the lights. Although saying that I get a very mild headache after eating chocolate, which is slightly worrying since my grandmother gets migraines from chocolate - maybe mine will develop :confused:
I'd like to say I get them badly, because they feel awful, but reading some of the replies on here makes me think maybe otherwise.. I mean I have the headache, light aversion, starbursts, nausea, but no numbness. The symptom of mine is usually seeing strangely - my vision went cloudy once, or aversion to light.
I didn't know there are different types of migraines - like what are cluster migraines?

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
cluster migraines are several migraines in a row, usually followed by a period of calm, then a load more.

There is several different types of migraine, and not to worry anybody here, but some migraines can kill you, causing brain hemorrage. (of course they ALL feel like a brain hemorrage if you ask me)

My friend's mum was told by her doctor to try this technique:

Sit upright and face forwards with your shoulders square.
Slowly tip your head towards your left shoulder as far as is comfortable, still facing forwards, and hold it for five seconds and then slowly return your head to upright again and hold for five seconds. Do this five times.

Then, tip your head towards the right shoulder in a similar manner, five times.
Then tip your head forwards five times, and then backwards five times.

This is good for helping to get rid of a migraine, but is also good for helping to prevent them, apparently. My friend's mum was told to do this technique at least once every day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE