Might be of use to someone...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
thats the one i have!

i can tell you more!

1) i am 5"11 average(slightly overweight build) and it is a very tight fit and dosen't seem quite long enough, though so cheap and multifunctional how can i resist?.

2) there are four main long straps for attatching to a tree.

3) there are several hand loops along each side, for using the hammock as a stretcher.

4) there is a sewn tube either side for inserting poles for use as a stretcher or making an "A" frame bed.

5) its got a weird sort of sleave one end with straps inside prehaps to tie a casualty down?

6) the hammock will work better with a spreader bar each end(easily made)!

7) if you want to see one watch "SAS are you tough enough jungle" they all had them!

it rolls up to about the same size as a basha.
its coted nylon, is totally waterproof, so can be used as a mini shelter or ground sheet.

only real down side if water gets onto it it just runs around on it, it will not soak through, also could be sweaty.

defenitely worth a look if you want a hammock and a lightweight stretcher too!

i reccomend it but try some others as well!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
two shops i've seen one in recently (last year or so)!

army surplus shop in Hingham (near Wymondham, Norfolk UK), its an old type surplus shop, very cluttered, dusty etc. drive too fast and you'll miss it (its next to the hotel in Hingham)

Hoopers army surplus in Norwich (Norfolk, UK), near the Job center in the city.
a new type surplus shop sells alot of BBguns and Knives worth a look though!

hope you find one!

i think they might be known as an "SAS" hammock too, i have seen one with spreader bars!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE