Midlands January 2010 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Not sure if anyone is interested in these:

VersolWater.jpg

It is the one litre water bottle containing sterile water. I think probably the bottle is more useful than the contents as they are graduated on the back.

I have a few of these I use to carry screen wash, oil and coolant in the car.

Can't see a reason they can't be used as water bottles.

Anyone interested PM me and I will bring them along if you want them with the water in then let me know.

Oh these are gratis but happy to accept a trade of a glow stick if you have a spare one.

Muddy

Muddy,

if you want a glow stick i'll bring a couple for you. I think i have some left. Might even have a few of the neclace type ones if you want them. Your choice mate.:D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
can get time off work, but looks like i might have to get the train down, unless anyone is from the northwest.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
will the water tap at the cabin be usuable still or will they turn off the water supply to it for the winter ? :)

As far as I know the tap will be available - wheather the water has frozen in the pipe ... :confused:

Failing that, there is the likelyhood that the snow will still be around - it's snowing as I type - for a bit of bushy water collection :cool: .

Edit:

I'm on site tomorrow, so I can check. I'll try to get some pics too :D .

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
As far as I know the tap will be available - wheather the water has frozen in the pipe ... :confused:

Failing that, there is the likelyhood that the snow will still be around - it's snowing as I type - for a bit of bushy water collection :cool: .

Thanks for the update, really looking forward to this one. :)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
You guys lost me there, you'll have to explain it real slow at the meet so I understand! I watched the John Kettley is a weatherman video on youtube, I'm still confused and have lost 4 minutes of my life?! Am I being thick or just too Canadian?

D

Dolphin

Thread for the next booked Meet is here

Thanks Decorum. I won't know my availability until mid/late april but I'll try and book it off in advance.
Problem is, i'm duty seen-off bloke, best laid plans and all that!

Marty

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You guys lost me there, you'll have to explain it real slow at the meet so I understand!

Dec is alluding to the fact that I seem to always be present when there is 'extreme' weather at meets.

So far my count goes one heavily flooded meet, one subjected to heavy downpours, another one that was pelted with hailstorms and the last one where there was 8" of snow. That's not counting other meets where it was just simply rainy :D:D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... tomorrows update will provide some insight into the likely conditions for the Meet :D .

Looking S/E(ish) into PC11.

IMGP3717_a.jpg

Next two shots are of the original communal area - atm the ground is hard enough to use it :D .

Untitled_a.jpg

impg3699_a.jpg

A view of the temp communal area.

impg3695_a-1.jpg

Just to show that the snow isn't that deep. (disclaimer - at the moment)

Untitled_aa.jpg

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... will the water tap at the cabin be usuable still or will they turn off the water supply to it for the winter ? :)
As far as I know the tap will be available ... there is the likelyhood that the snow will still be around ... bit of bushy water collection ...

Almost forgot this :eek: . Having checked the water supply today - to be on the safe side, it looks likely that water will either need to be brought in or melted on site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE