Midlands January 2010 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thats a point, better go and shout at my mate! it was nearly done last time I went round.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Fancy an easy cook on this one so I have ammended my dish,

Meet list:

decorum
Mesquite
Jdlenton
Cliv
Nolightweight
MartinK9
Twodogs
Firecrest - work allowing
Bodge + some
Sasquatch
jimbo75 + Guest
Davey569
Addo
Andy2112
Tank
Muddy Boots - to confirm closer to the date
Bernie & Max
Elines - to confirm closer to the date
Wallenstein - daytime on Sat
WolfCrafter
Dolphin

Communal menu:

Mesquite - Chilli
Sasquatch - jalapeno corn bread
Twodogs - cottage pie
Addo -Peach cobbler with full fat custard (is that ok Addo?)
NLW - I'll come up with something...

It might be a good idea if those who are listed above get their heads together so that no one is left out of pocket (It's happened before ) .

A quick note for those new to Meets and/or communal menus:

Those who want to enjoy the benefits of the communal menu need to pay their way. The cost of the food is not included in the camping fees.

With just less than two weeks to go I'm adding a Trades/Sales list. Since I mentioned the possibility of having a smock up for sale I've had a bit of time to have a think - other than the afore mentioned smock, I'll not reserved any item I list. I'd prefer that others to do the same - but personal choice .

Sales/Trades list:

decorum - Self dyed (olive) Swedish snow smock - used - Large - £10 (reserved for sizing check - could still be available) - will be re-nikwaxed before the Meet.

decorum - 1 pint (or half litre ) used - kelly kettle - £20

N.B:

Any trades or sales are to be conducted in line with the relevant BcUK guidelines (expanded to include Rough Close campsite and myself when I'm not party to the sale and/or trade ) .
To add yourself to the list you need to include your screen name, a brief and honest description of the item (plus link if applicable), condition - new or used and the sale price. If you're willing to trade or a combination sale/trade that would be worth mentioning as well.

Please remember that real life can, on occassion, get in the way. There is no guarantee that someone who lists something will actually get to the Meet - or remember to bring the item(s).
Interested parties are free to walk away and sellers/traders are free to sell to whoever they wish. Pay/trade what you are willing to pay/trade and equally, accept what you are willing to accept - please do not try to hard sell or pester for a lower price/lesser trade.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Hi guys not sure whether to add this to the post but I have a 25 litre ex-army petrol jerry can that is up for swaps.

Ideally I am after a meths burner like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Highlande...amping_CookingSupplies_ET?hash=item439bf0396b or similar

or 6 of the 8 hour glow sticks.

Will consider selling for 6 quid but would prefer swaps.

The one I have looks ok to cut up as an alter fire but I wouldn't risk carrying fuel in it.

PM me if anyone is interested.

Muddy.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Lol ...
finding_nemo_seagulls_sydney_harbou.jpg

For sale at the meet ,
Swedish army canvas rucksack £10
Swiss sigg water bottle and mug £8
Swedish army felling axes x 2 £10 each

PM me if your interested
Twodogs

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Sales/Trades list:

Caveats (or whatever they're called) are in post #74.

decorum - Self dyed (olive) Swedish snow smock - used - Large - £10 (reserved for sizing check - could still be available) - will be re-nikwaxed before the Meet.

decorum - 1 pint (or half litre ) used - kelly kettle - £20

Muddy Boots - 25 litre ex-army petrol jerry can - looks ok to cut up as an alter fire but I wouldn't risk carrying fuel in it - trade for a meths burner like this (or similar) or 6 of the 8 hour glow sticks - Will consider selling for 6 quid but would prefer swaps. Swap organised.

Twodogs - Swedish army canvas rucksack - £10 - PM if you're interested

Twodogs - Swiss sigg water bottle and mug - £8 - PM if you're interested

Twodogs - Swedish army felling axes x 2 - £10 each - PM if you're interested

Last edited:

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Would anybody be interested in any of these?

BCB DPM Tarp,

Daisy BB gun and BBs (Decorum allowing and 18+)

Decathlon quechua 65l rucksack,

Teak scales for knife blades.

D

Dolphin

Won't be able to make this one after all. Got an OU day in Manchester and won't be able to get away early as planned (need all the help I can get!)

My loss. :(

Marty

Meet list:

decorum
Mesquite
Jdlenton
Cliv
Nolightweight
MartinK9
Twodogs
Firecrest - work allowing
Bodge + some
Sasquatch
jimbo75 + Guest
Davey569
Addo
Andy2112
Tank
Muddy Boots - to confirm closer to the date
Bernie & Max
Elines - to confirm closer to the date
Wallenstein - daytime on Sat
WolfCrafter

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Not sure if anyone is interested in these:

VersolWater.jpg

It is the one litre water bottle containing sterile water. I think probably the bottle is more useful than the contents as they are graduated on the back.

I have a few of these I use to carry screen wash, oil and coolant in the car.

Can't see a reason they can't be used as water bottles.

Anyone interested PM me and I will bring them along if you want them with the water in then let me know.

Oh these are gratis but happy to accept a trade of a glow stick if you have a spare one.

Muddy

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
If anybody's interested in a black pea coat let me know, otherwise it'll go on ebay. It's missing a button and smells like old man, just the way it should be! It's a good sized large, might even fit a well fed bushcrafter! It's an old one in good condition, nice wool etc. PM me if interested, I'm desperately trying to fund a wool bush shirt on the group buy, looks like I might have to drop out of it though...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE