Midlands Easter Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

sugs04

I can only commit to a maybe at the moment.

sorry - I expect to know for sure in a few weeks. :confused:

Thanks for arranging

Sugs

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Nikolai
I'm interested but do not have a tent and don't want to use a bivi bag. Will there be a facility to hang a hammock or is this 'verboten' ? No specific info on that on the site. Can you confirm for me please.
Regards
Alan

Nikolai

Tenderfoot
Humpback said:
Nikolai
I'm interested but do not have a tent and don't want to use a bivi bag. Will there be a facility to hang a hammock or is this 'verboten' ? No specific info on that on the site. Can you confirm for me please.
Regards
Alan
I don't think there will be a facility to hang a hammock. As far as i know its a regular campsite, so i highly doubt there will be hammock posts. If push comes to shove you could share my tent mate.

Also (this is for everyone), can you confirm a.s.a.p, as i'm sending the form off on Wednesday at the latest.

Nikolai

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
sorry already booked work in for that weekend, can't re-arrange unfortunatley.

maybe next time! well done for organising this. :You_Rock_

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
:sad6: I cant do 31march 1st april as I am going to prague for some poncy award thing that could of been done by post and saved a few tonne of carbon. I really want to go to the moot.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I have just moved house and NTL said they would make moving house with their internet/tv package easy. THEY LIED. I have gone completly insane trying to get connected. :banghead: : :aargh4: :BlueTeamE :cussing: :twak: :argue: :soapbox: :AR15firin :censored: :banghead: TOTALLY INSANE

Nikolai

Tenderfoot
xylaria said:
:sad6: I cant do 31march 1st april as I am going to prague for some poncy award thing that could of been done by post and saved a few tonne of carbon. I really want to go to the moot.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I have just moved house and NTL said they would make moving house with their internet/tv package easy. THEY LIED. I have gone completly insane trying to get connected. :banghead: : :aargh4: :BlueTeamE :cussing: :twak: :argue: :soapbox: :AR15firin :censored: :banghead: TOTALLY INSANE
Ok Xylaria, dont worry about it. As i've said to the others, theres always next time.

To everyone:
If there isnt anymore confirmations within 3 days i am calling the moot off due to lack of people, and with 7 people, i personally dont think it would be very fun or exciting. We'll try again next time.

Oct 21, 2006
Birmingham
[QUOTE
To everyone:
If there isnt anymore confirmations within 3 days i am calling the moot off due to lack of people, and with 7 people, i personally dont think it would be very fun or exciting. We'll try again next time.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you on this one, must be bad timing for a lot of people, like you say, there's always next time.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
7 is not that small a number, if you include signifcant others. Anyother date would do for us, probably. I would love to come if only show off my :240: decorated 1970s tent :240: . One month later in year (April/May) would be better from my piont of view as there is more wild fungi about.

Also the location which has been picked out is in the one the spectacular places in country. I walk in area regularly and the weather can turn on sixpence. To camp out in the end of march would I feel require winter kit. Even experianced hill walkers can fall into difficulty in the Roaches, the terrian is disorientating esspiecially when the weather turns.

Nikolai I think you have done brillantly to trying to organise this . :D

Nikolai

Tenderfoot
xylaria said:
7 is not that small a number, if you include signifcant others. Anyother date would do for us, probably. I would love to come if only show off my :240: decorated 1970s tent :240: . One month later in year (April/May) would be better from my piont of view as there is more wild fungi about.

Also the location which has been picked out is in the one the spectacular places in country. I walk in area regularly and the weather can turn on sixpence. To camp out in the end of march would I feel require winter kit. Even experianced hill walkers can fall into difficulty in the Roaches, the terrian is disorientating esspiecially when the weather turns.

I was also thinking 1 or 2 months later in the year would be better for plants and such. And thanks, just a shame it didn't work out this time round :( Oh well, im a persistant bugger, i'll make it work at some point or another :D

Oct 21, 2006
Birmingham
xylaria said:

I think that the 7 was with the significant others lol :D

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Just found this thread and would be very interested in site a month or two later.This area can be rather grim at Easter so it makes sense doing it later.Also do they allow dogs.I will watch this space for further info.Riven.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE