Midget Sgian Dubh and not so midget Veg Chopper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
I thought I would share some pictures of two knives I have been working on recently. The first is a tiny Sgian Dubh styled knife, knocked up from a tiny offcut of spring steel (I don't like throwing anything away!)
P5270261.jpg

P5270262.jpg

The wood is walnut (more offcuts) and the bolster is nickel-silver (cut from an old key). This is going to be a present for a Scottish friend.

The other knife is supposed to be a food prep knife, again made of spring steel, so I will have to look after it to prevent rust. The blade is a smidgen over 3", and is full flat ground - I've got a belt grinder now which made the shaping a lot easier. The handle is teak, and the ferrule brass. I'm quite pleased with the way the handle turned out, as it took about 9 coats of Danish oil.
P5270259.jpg

P5270265.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Love the prep knife. I do like a handmade knife for wee kitchen jobs. I have 2 puukkos for that task but your prep knife would add a touch of class to my kitchen.
Just lovely!

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Thanks for the positive feedback everybody!
Sorry I couldn't reply sooner but I have been having problems with my internet connection.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE