Mid-Wales and The Borders 2021 Bush Camp – 3rd to 5th September, Hafren Forest *** Important Update ***

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Mid-Wales and The Borders 2021 Bush Camp – 3rd to 5th September, Hafren Forest

You are invited to come along to the Mid-Wales and The Borders Bush Camp at Hafren Forest. This year we are using the Study Centre facilities at Penygeulan near Staylittle. This is a fantastic site on the edge of the forest that gives us access to some great facilities in the area from canoeing on Llyn Clywedog, cycling the forest cycle routes and walking to the source of the River Severn in the Pumlumon hills – or, of course, just chilling out.

The site is booked for the weekend of the 3rd to 5th September so you have the choice of staying 1, 2 or 3 nights. There is ample ground-dwelling space (a whole field) and some hanging space – bring options to give yourself maximum flexibility. We will have access to the toilets and water supply of the study centre.

We will have a communal open fire, but you will be required to cook on your own stove (no additional open fires) to maintain social distancing. We will carry out a risk assessment and put in place whatever processes necessary following Welsh Government rules at the time. Obviously, if things change, we will have to adapt including cancellation if necessary.

Pricing: £10 per night per person including use of showers (cold) and toilets

If you fancy coming along, cut and paste the list to your response and add your name.

Attendees:

Broch + 1

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
What’s the plan for the meet guys? Are there organised events or is it a meet up, chill out, and chat type thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Nothing organised TBH. There'll be opportunity for unofficial skill practice if people want it. Once we get these things off the ground we can discuss what people want out of them and make them more structured in the future (if that's what people want).

I'll make sure I take plenty of material - green wood and poles, and leather for example. I'll also be taking my canoe down for at least one paddle out on the lake and it will be up to everyone to decide what they want to do with the weekend.

I don't know what everyone's experience is but if there are specific things (bow drill fire starting for example) let me know and I'll make sure we have stuff at hand.

We could do with a few more attendees so contact any personal contacts you have on the forum :)

Reactions: FerlasDave

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Nothing organised TBH. There'll be opportunity for unofficial skill practice if people want it. Once we get these things off the ground we can discuss what people want out of them and make them more structured in the future (if that's what people want).

I'll make sure I take plenty of material - green wood and poles, and leather for example. I'll also be taking my canoe down for at least one paddle out on the lake and it will be up to everyone to decide what they want to do with the weekend.

I don't know what everyone's experience is but if there are specific things (bow drill fire starting for example) let me know and I'll make sure we have stuff at hand.

We could do with a few more attendees so contact any personal contacts you have on the forum :)

Sounds great Broch and really looking forward to it.

I’d love to learn some new skills such as Bow drill fire starting.

Not a swimmer unfortunately so I will not be going on the water but really looking forward to plenty of chilling out and chat :)

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Happy to bring any materials/kit from the instructor box if anyone needs it as well.

I’ll have the canoe with me but I’d quite like to get up to the source of the Severn if possible too. Always wanted to go up there.

Reactions: Broch

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Happy to bring any materials/kit from the instructor box if anyone needs it as well.

I’ll have the canoe with me but I’d quite like to get up to the source of the Severn if possible too. Always wanted to go up there.

Source of the Severn walk is a cracking walk with amazing views if you carry in up to the viewing point just pass the source of the Severn marker

Reactions: FerlasDave

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Only two weeks to go now :)

If anyone needs further directions let me know. I will be getting there Friday morning to check the site over. I'll be taking a large (6m x 4m) tarp to erect in case the weather is less than perfect which will give us plenty of room (social distancing etc.) and a group fire area. Bring your own camp chairs.

Any issues, get in touch.

There is still ample room so anyone still undecided is welcome to just turn up :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE