Microbites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I thought the chopsticks would work for that, but they don't really. Fine for picking things out of boiling water, turning sausages, fine for eating 'some' things, but on the whole I'd rather have a spoon.

I still have my own silver baby spoon, fork and pusher set :) You don't see pushers now; they were a good way of teaching a child to become familiar with using two pieces of cutlery at once. Those modern ones are appealing though; I can see why you bought a set for your granddaughter.
You could acquire a set of the microbites for your grandson for his camping jaunts with Grandpa :D

M

Thankfully he's mastered using grown up utensils, knife, fork and spoon :)

This is my favourite set for camping, brit army dated 1944 (not my photo)
$T2eC16d,!%298E9s4l8h%28qBRBm605Ieg~~60_35.JPG

Clips together.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
they look the business rik.

Have seen them before, I think they gave them away with national service, is that where you got them. A bit metallically tasting aluminium ??? Superb spoon though, but superbly thin knife, almost like a razor, and a real pointy fork. If they could just makem outa titanium. Infact I think I'll email unky bob.

Edit: N.B. I believe it to be the best "racing spoon" in existance

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
It's been a day now, still no reply from rik_uk3 . I wonder whether reply will ever come. The days pass slowly, and I find myself loosing motivation. I have enough food to last but it's not unlimited, providing rik_uk3 returns soon. My equipment is showing signs of ware, my pink plastic Spork broke in half when I lay on it, I should have bought Microbites. Will give it a few more days, but I think we have to assume that rik_uk3 got his WW2 British army cutlery whilst training young recruits, for the North Africa Campaign.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
they look the business rik.

Have seen them before, I think they gave them away with national service, is that where you got them. A bit metallically tasting aluminium ??? Superb spoon though, but superbly thin knife, almost like a razor, and a real pointy fork. If they could just makem outa titanium. Infact I think I'll email unky bob.

Edit: N.B. I believe it to be the best "racing spoon" in existance

Yep, they called me up when I was six years old :lmao:

These are good but I only have the spoon and fork

mess%20kit.jpg

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Please don't take offence American chums, but when watching programs on the Food Channel round at friends I really dislike the way folk hold and use their cutlery in programs like Man V Food

I just don't get the whole idea of Man V Food.
I mean, its basically just watching a fat bloke, eat.
Big deal, hardly surprising to see a fat bloke eat is it? How else do they get chubby?

How the hell do they manage to convince someone to fund that as a programme? Think I watched it for about a minute before I couldn't handle any more.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
The man versus food fella has got fatter, slower, and he can't eat as much as the series have progressed. Now it should be called well fed man fancies a nibble .

Food 1 - 0 Man.

Next series: man versus his skinny replacement

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
He's now retired, perhaps a good thing. I watch the show from time to time, I like to see what they cook but can't watch him eat the 'challenge'. I'd guess the first few bites of a 6lb Burrito would taste so good in a bad way lol

Not to be outdone by the Americans, the UK has its own version
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-UKs-monster-meals-in-our-own-Man-v-Food.html Very tame.

For those here who've not seen Man Vs Food

[video=youtube;22gKLzvd960]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22gKLzvd960[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I am sorry for the hijack ... just my personal bias on gear getting the better of me :) Enjoy your plaggy cutlery (even if it makes your grub taste plastic ... everything tastes better of self carved wood :) )

Now Mr. Fenna,

Have you found a portal to the disk worls where you find this self carving wood? Link Must be good though not having to carry those peske crook knives.:)

GB

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
the microbite spatula knife, if its as strong a stated look quite useful, not sure about the foon thing. Good that they do them in large too !
Although the large foon might be good.
I do have the sea to summit foon from cotswold, which once again is munchkin size and the holes for the prongs make it even worse

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
there you go rick, why not use a knife and fork and spoon ?!?!

Because a long sharp spatula that you can use on non stick is far superior for food preparation and does not damage the pan.

As for the man versus food fella, maybe they should bring it back with someone who's seriously malnourished, a bit like Channel 4s super size versus super skinny, if they finish they get to come back tomorrow. Continue it for a few months until they are sufficiently well fed that they fail the challenge(like the big man himself), and then get another competitor. Feeding the poor with entertainment value. Channel 4 "gorp at a freak, but don't feel bad" territory. And to whomever said earlier its like someone showing you how they got tubby, it is. A timeline documentary waching a thin Italian type slowly eating himself tubby. Heres a before and after photo.

i.imgur.com/IhEZl.png

Err microbites, yeah.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE