Mick Spain Bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

corkyballs

Jan 14, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Originally bought from here - check it out for the photos.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51971&highlight=mick+spain+bushcrafter

I bought this to use in the field but can't bring myself to use it in anger, its too good for that. I've since bought a 'sterile' Mick Spain blade and the bits to finish it to use on a day to day basis.

Its a stunning knife and razor sharp.

215mm OAL
115mm blade
4mm O1
Stabilised burl scales
Blue liners
Brass pins

Sheath by Dougster.

Looking for my money back at £130 inc RMSD. *** I'll take £117.50 now

Cheque, bank transfer or Paypal +4%

Last edited:

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Don't mean to rain on your parade. Mick the mighty sold the blade, the rest is my fumblings chap.

That said, it is one of the nicest I've worked and will make a brilliant knife for a lucky chap. If I hadn't just spent all my pennies on a Spydie one I'd have it myself.

corkyballs

Jan 14, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Thanks for that Dougster, it straightens out the provenance anyway.

Your 'fumblings' have to be admired my friend, God knows what you could do if you set your mind to it. It is a stunning piece of work.

Just what is the wood - I've never seen anything quite like it. Did you use any dyes ?

Respect

Ian

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I did try hard on that one and surprised myself at how it slots into your hand so easily.

Morning Fox supplied the wood but it just came out right and was one of those opnes I just didn't want to put in the post.

corkyballs

Jan 14, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Provisionally sold - watch this space.

I'll be sad to get shut - but its inspired me to make something similar. Now the weathers a bit warmer I can get into the workshop and get sanding.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE