great, thanksCorrect advice is to wash it off immediately as it is toxic by skin contact (and every other type of contact!). Perhaps download a safety data sheet (e.g http://tinyurl.com/cwktvna) to have on hand incase of further accidents.
I work in a chemical emergency centre so you can be reassured at the advice
Ahh, no word of a lie.... I was talking to a bloke at a bike race last year and he said he knew when he had the good stuff because "It tastes like battery acid".virgin methanol
Oddly I know a guy who work who swears down blind, he can smell a bad battery (fit's battery's at a car factory) as it reeks of Lemons, I have no idea if he is taking the urine but he has been saying it for over 15 years apparently. Tasting battery acid though is taking it a little too far.Ahh, no word of a lie.... I was talking to a bloke at a bike race last year and he said he knew when he had the good stuff because "It tastes like battery acid".
So not only was he putting a drop on his finger and tasting that but he'd done the same with battery acid as well.
It was a hillclimb sprint and his bike ran on the stuff.
Same with the likes of petrol or paraffin/kerosene? Dump on hot ash and if the temperature / flame is right your dead.Be very careful with methanol, it has a low flash point, a couple of decades ago a mate of mine was having a clear out, dumped a bottle on what he thought was a dead pile of ash, it flashed over and he inhaled the fumes, burnt his lungs out, killed him