Message from an unhappy Jakunen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
"Guys and gals. I won't be on the forum for a while as work have blocked the
site under hunting and gun clubs - go figure...
So until I get my network and internet sorted out at home if anyone wants to
talk to me please mail me via my profile. I can still get to my personal
e-mail (well for now at least...)

I'll try to get to a net café occasionally to check on the forum.

Until then, have fun and be most excellent to each other dudes!

LONG LIVE PETTY BUREAUCRACY!!!!"

:hmmm:

Wayne: Martin says he knows you PMed him, but he can't even read that, perhaps you could email him?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Jake Rollnick said:
All i can ask is why? :cry: :evil:
Because at work the pointy haired bosses want folks to work and not be on BCUK.

In the 90s, everyone was putting in internet connections (even for people who didn't need them), it was big business. Now blocking sites is big business.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry to hear that mate, it's a right pain. I wonder what the criteria is for being blocked...

Get the home kit sorted out mate :wink:

I wonder if there is someone on here that will take an image of every page and mail them to you each day :eek:):

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
There is (somewhere) a message digest feature on the forum ...

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Surely it's ok to do so on liunch break, and there are plenty of other distractions. And it also doesn't seem to be BCUK thats the problem, but we're apparently a hunting and gun club forum! :?:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Oops, i suppose so. Hadn't thought of that....:roll: Bogger.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
boaty said:
Often it's not the technology that's the limiting factor...

I agree but think of flexible lunch times and different shifts on the same work stations. It takes time to set up the technology for all the variables. A lot of companies don't see why they should provide free personal internet access at any time, lunch or otherwise. Still, not sure why you should be allowed access to online shopping and not BCUK.

Another example of people not understanding and seeking to ban things they don't like the look of. Hunting and Guns = bad so we ban it. This is what worries me about the general public people really can't understand why what we like to do in our spare time is acceptable any more.

Bill

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
After getting in touch with Websense (the filter provider) bushcraftUK will from now on the categorized under Message Boards & Clubs. This should come into effect with the release of the new database (early January).

Don't know if this will help those blocked or not ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE