Meet the Badger, my new pocket pal!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
The steel is a bit of old leaf spring, which was quite rust pitted, which is why the tool has not got a very highly polished finish. It is hardened and tempered to a purple colour (towards the tougher rather than harder end of the tempering spectrum).

The spring clip is a bit of hard stainless wire, 1mm diameter, which I think was a filler rod for a TIG welder. The clip spring tension is a little weak, I was working by trial and error, so I might alter it (I would just about have room for a clip made of 1.6mm rod, but I don't have any stainless in that diameter)

Thanks for the info... I've started looking for laser and water jet cutting companies near me to see what prices would be like for cutting out between 25 and 100 of these. I might knock up one or two in D2, when I finally get the bars from my brother-in-law's garage :rolleyes:.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE