Medway Kent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
Hi All

Im Kris a ranger at Capstone Park would like to get to know some of you and take part in some of the going's on we do a range of things at the park and im always up for learning new thing

Kris

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Hello Kris.
Capstone Park, eh? Are you thinking of using the park for bushcraft activities (or doyou have contacts there who may be willing to open it up to such things)?
My bushcrafting is generally done on an informal basis with friends. Generally, we go wild camping around the county (mainly North Downs because it's central and large enough for us to tuck ourselves in to). A place to go 'legally' bushcrafting would be highly desirable.

Tell us a bit more about yourself - what you do at Capstone, what you are looking for, what you want from it, etc? Are you asking from the position as a ranger at Capstone, or as a private individual who happens to be a ranger at Capstone? All those kinds of things. Be as verbose as you like.
Cheers.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Hi Kris,

We're from around your way - I know Capstone reasonably well having used it in the past as a venue for activies when I ran a kids playscheme for Gillingham Council.

I agree with durulz, more info about your expectations would be helpful.

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
Hi Guys thanks for the warm welcome,
I have a big interest in both side of the whole bush craft thing. i have a pole lathe (that im having fun learning at the moment) set up in the garden and a range of woodland tools and knowledge.
I write our woodland managment plans and work the coppice on rotation.we hold a couple of survival challenges over the year for families to come along and take part. we do fire lighting, mallet, whistles and underground cooking.
It maybe possible to sort out something where we can use the site for a meeting a couple of times a year.

I have been working the woods at Capstone for the last 16 years and love every bit of it and still learning things on a daily basis we have just coppiced a small section of woodland and still have more to do.

It maybe be possible to set up something for a meeting im sure there would be a small charge for this tho as the council dont allow thing to happen for free but quite cheap.

look forward to meeting some of you if you fancy meeting up for a day in the wood im sure we can sort something for a few hours one sunday not to far away.
let me know

Kris

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Hi Kris

I live very local to you in lordswood so I can help out with any setup etc. We have a Kent thread in this forum which gets us 4-5 good people at any given time when we meet at canterbury or orpington so a new site is always good for a change. PM me if you like any help or advice.
It would be nice to do a local day or weekend

Cheers
Nick

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
hi i live in rochester,and would love to meet up at capstone park i often spend time in the north downs mainly in the cuxton/cobham area practicing my limited bushcraft skills .Would be good to learn more in a local area.lets hope it happens.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I live in thr dartford/gravesend neck of the woods and would be Most interested in any meets that close to home turf

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Just to keep this thread alive kris COTW and I met and had a look of the site which has potential. Kris is checking out accessability, costs etc. with the authorities and when all is clear we will put together a date. Possibly a day meet for the first one and if all goes well well look to an overnighter etc.

Cheers

Nick

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Well done Nick (and Ranger Kris).
Good for you for keeping things going behind the scenes - that's the spirit!
You can count me in and I know a couple of others who will definitely be up for it!
Once again, well done.

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
Right there is a few things that might put people off but hopefully it wont,

There are costing's to cover the insurances and stuff like that will be £20 per head for the weekend. After speaking with other's i know this is pretty steep but thats the way its got to be from the green space's manager.

There can only be one fire on the fire site provided its a big fire site hahahahh then you can sleep in the woodland or make a shelter in the open field that's up to you.

On the other hand there is also some pole lathe's that can be used of the weekend and a set of chisels that can be used while in the field.

I do hope this has not put you all off and we can sort something out for a date soon i am thinking late may early june if thats ok with you all.

Let me know and i will see what date's the field is free for this to go ahead
Kris

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
If you're willing to let me loose with one of your lathes & chisles all weekend for £20.00 including camping out I'd be be quite happy with that personally. Especially as I know you have half decent washing/toilet facilities available close by as well.

What date did you have in mind?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE