Medway Kent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Twenty quid seems fine by me.
What kind of thing are you thinking of? Is it just to open the land to some camping or are 'activities/workshops' envisaged?

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Kris, I wonder if featherstick (Oscar) would be up for joining us? I know he hasn't posted here in a while but I still have his phone number knocking around somewhere.

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
Twenty quid seems fine by me.
What kind of thing are you thinking of? Is it just to open the land to some camping or are 'activities/workshops' envisaged?

There is an open land area among some woodland, i think it would be a mix up of things going on i have nver taken part in a meet yet so not sure what happens. There is scope for a range of things to go on while we are there if people have something to offer to the group. The lathe's will be involved on this weekend for sure.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
If everyone just shared their individual skills and knowledge then there should be loads to keep folks occupied.

How about a list of stuff we each might want to learn alongside things we can offer? That way we should end up with a reasonable focus on activities plus you can tell us what is and isn't appropriate to the site Kris, so we avoid any misundersandings.

For example I can't offer knife skills but if anyone has even a passing interest in wild/foraged food I can happily bore them to tears for hours and there's plenty of scope to prep & cook interesting finds on the campfire. I would like to spend some time learning a bit more about spoon carving and if anyone can teach me how to handle an adze properly I'd be very grateful.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
How about a list of stuff we each might want to learn alongside things we can offer? That way we should end up with a reasonable focus on activities plus you can tell us what is and isn't appropriate to the site Kris, so we avoid any misundersandings.

Now that is a good idea.
Personally, I would LOVE to learn more foraging/plant ID skills.
In return...well, modesty prohibits me saying what I'm good at. But I've got carving spoons down to pat. There may well be many others present who are better than me, but if not I'd be more than happy to share what I know.

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
Now that is a good idea.
Personally, I would LOVE to learn more foraging/plant ID skills.
In return...well, modesty prohibits me saying what I'm good at. But I've got carving spoons down to pat. There may well be many others present who are better than me, but if not I'd be more than happy to share what I know.

The area of open land is adount 3/4 of an acre we will be using, as to what can go on ermmm im happy to take on ideas from others as long as there related to the whole outdoor bushcrafty woodland thing.
Im looking at doing this as an enjoyable thing for me this time around as i run many events and tho they are fun there with me as lead on them so what to enjoy as much as possible. i will say i can help out on the lathes and provide the equipment and site.

Im happy to take part in spoon carving and foraging and can get some plant id books up there as well for the weekend i know bradster is looking at doing some leather work which he might be able to bring to the table i would like some sharpening skills to be shown also please hahahah for me. Ive never done one of these through here should i start a new thread and set the date or just carry on this one.

Im looking into the 6th/7th of June for this weekend i will confirm tomorrow.
Kris

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
A quick question.
You say there can only be one fire (which is perfectly understandable) but would we be allowed to have individual fires if they were in a fire bowl of some sort, and off the ground to avoid scorch marks if we brought our own firewood?

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
A quick question.
You say there can only be one fire (which is perfectly understandable) but would we be allowed to have individual fires if they were in a fire bowl of some sort, and off the ground to avoid scorch marks if we brought our own firewood?

Durulz

I have a little fire wood hahaha on the site all ash laying ready for fire's ;) ermmm it would be ok to have fire in a fire bowl but i really dont want to much damage on the ground as its a country park and people tend to think they ca do as they please.

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
Oscar is at our allotment site quite often i will let him know if he does not post here about this.

Im picking up some diamond stones tomorrow and a few other knifes and draw knives to help us along the way with the pole lathe working's.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Great.

I wouldn't worry about having to 'run' things as such Kris, just as long as everyone attending understands the ground rules for the use of the site in advance (when they can arrive, when to leave by, H&S, fires, etc.). Other than that and obviously being in charge of your own equipment & tools the rest is pretty free-form & social.

How would you want paying, beforehand, on the day, cash, cheque?

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
Hi Carol

It would be best if people can pay on the day it makes things easier for us at the park to makes sure all the names are down on paper before hand. This can be done through check cash or by popping in there and paying.

Im just waiting for confirmation on the date but it looks like the 6th 7th June.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
6th / 7th June
Put me down for 2 places please, Both hammocks.
Might not have a special skill to teach but I can make tea for the knowageable folk while they are busy!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE