Medway Kent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I'm always up for a forage if anyone fancies a nice walk. :)

Now, a foraging jaunt would be a FANTASTIC idea.
Foraging is one of the bushcraft skills I really wanted to develop this year. But still haven't.
It's something I know pitifully little about, so all I could bring is myself and enthusiasm.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Foraging is one of the bushcraft skills I really wanted to develop this year. But still haven't. It's something I know pitifully little about, so all I could bring is myself and enthusiasm.

Ok then! I'm in the Medway area so know that bit best but don't mind a bit of travel - where would you like to go and when?

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Ah well, you're missing out chaps.

Dryad's saddle today, mussels and oysters yesterday (yeah yeah. I know about the 'r' in the month thing, I'll let you know if I'm still alive once I finish my wild seafood paella). Heaps of fat hen, good king henry and annual sow thistle (although that's going over now).

Been eyeing up the nut harvest and there's been an abundance of cherries and cherry plums hereabouts. A good year so far. :)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
OK, let's combine the forage with some knapping as well.
What about a trip to the woods along Blue Bell Hill (the A229 between Maidstone and Medway)?
We can go foraging there and then stop for lunch and some flint knapping!
It would have to be a weekend for me.
If we can get maybe 4 or 5 of us then it should be a good day out.
How does that sound? I'm open to better suggestions.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
That's a good area.

We'd have to steer clear of the SSI on the hill for actual foraging, but otherwise there's plenty of scope up there & lots of footpaths. A weekend is likely to have more folk wandering about but that's no real biggie. Yeah. I'd be up for that, anyone else?

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
OK, these are dates I CAN'T do:

Aug 1, 2, 8, 9, 29, 30

Any other Saturday or Sunday in August is fine for me. I have no fixed plans for September, nothing that can't be moved, so any weekend in September is a goer for me (Oh, except Sept 19 and 20).

RangerKris

Sep 29, 2008
Chatham Kent
You guys go for it i will be doing a survival challange that weekend unless you want to come along to Capstone after 11am or £20 for 9am saturday till Sunday WITH A POLE LATHE hahahahahaha

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE