Mediterranean flora & fauna welcome??

boundfree

Jan 22, 2011
Barcelona, Spain
Good day to all you bushmen

I am a Scot living by the Costal range south of the Pyrenees - I regularly practice Bushcraft, but the Spanish/French seem to prefer mountain biking in large packs!
I come across many different and curious species, and some more familiar to UK species (e.g. the oak) in a different environment.
But I hesitate to hijack this forum...would Mediterranean bushcraft be welcome in BushcraftUK?? Maybe with some guidelines for presentation like putting MEDITERRANEAN in the subject title?? :confused:

Thanks

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Plenty of folk post pictures and notes about different countries here and they are always interesting and Welcome. Post away. Pyrenees are my favourite mountains, a wonderful place to live though not being a Spanish speaker I tend to go the other side. I once walked a 4 day section of the GR10 long distance route, the equivalent of the Penine way. It was Early June, snow on the tops, orchid covered meadows below, in 4 days we met one group of walkers.

boundfree

Jan 22, 2011
Barcelona, Spain
Great!

The GR is fantastic - and the GR10 looks incredible, I am planning on the final section this summer - will PM you about this...

What really struck me at first about the wildlife here is the variety of aromatic species, laurel, lavander, thyme, rosemary....the last two especially growing abundantly.

I was out the other night and at sunset the wild boars came out in force! Didn't seem to notice me. They were on the hunt for truffles under the oaks I imagine...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Go for it :D Always interesting to see what's growing and what it can be used for :)
oh, and welcome to the forum :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE