me first knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

entherder

Aug 11, 2011
Central Illinois
Ok, so the pitting on the spine is an accident so to speak? Just the nature of the steel you used???? THAT"S FREAKIN GORGEOUS!!!!! I couldn't figure out how to do that on purpose. Quite a stunning knife. Is the Hammon from clay quenching? More than impressed even if it were your hundredth knife, I'd pay money for that one! ;0

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Ok, so the pitting on the spine is an accident so to speak? Just the nature of the steel you used???? THAT"S FREAKIN GORGEOUS!!!!! I couldn't figure out how to do that on purpose. Quite a stunning knife. Is the Hammon from clay quenching? More than impressed even if it were your hundredth knife, I'd pay money for that one! ;0
Hi mate, thanks for the kind words, the pitting on the spine, which i call me stipling, is what i done me self. the pitting on the blade is what I was talking about , which gave a skull type shape and I added too little eyes.
as for the hamon, I polished the blade and then put a patina on it, and and when doing the patina I left the bottem section to this shape.
im looking forward to clay quenching to achieve this mate..
thanks again guys, has really given me boost, have roughed out a few more blanks today. Need to just finish up on me leather orders and then I can get cracking on these.

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
Lush, great job mate, just don't start making too many or you will put us other makers out of a job ;)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Thanks you very much for these kind words, just hope you enjoy the journey I take with this knife making, and watch me as I progress to a stage where people are really happy with my work.
take care.
lee.

entherder

Aug 11, 2011
Central Illinois
Hi mate, thanks for the kind words, the pitting on the spine, which i call me stipling, is what i done me self. the pitting on the blade is what I was talking about , which gave a skull type shape and I added too little eyes.
as for the hamon, I polished the blade and then put a patina on it, and and when doing the patina I left the bottem section to this shape.
im looking forward to clay quenching to achieve this mate..
thanks again guys, has really given me boost, have roughed out a few more blanks today. Need to just finish up on me leather orders and then I can get cracking on these.
Well, that Stipling adds a whole nother dimension to the blade. Quite impressive Sir, well donegoodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE