me first knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i have decided to have a go at knife making to this year, this is my first attempt from start to finish, i no its not like what the other makers make on here, please be gentle, i have a long way to go, i made this from a peice of 01 tool steel, i ground this free hand on a little 1 by 30 grinder, that me brother owns, it has stainless pins and stainless tube, im not sure on the wood its all i had, now a lot of you no that im known for the stipling i do on me leather work, so i have incorporated this onto this knife, it also had a lot of pitting the steel, and there was a skull type bit on the blade so i added a couple of eyes into that, thought it would look a little different, i polished the blade and added a patina into it, to give it a little contrast, i also heat treated this my self, which im over the moon with no chips no rolling, and i gave it a good hammering.
any way hope you guys like it.

IMG_5127 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_5131 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_5128 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_5144 by lucky_lee, on
me first knife from start to finish by lucky_lee, on Flickr
i just hace to make a sheath for it now.
thanks for looking.
all comments are welcome.
thanks for looking.
take care.
lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
So will you be having Hill Bill one of the other knife makers do you the sheath for it? :lmao:

Seriously, that's really nice :notworthy Like that stippling effect you've done on the metal of the full tang. Really good job Lee. Well done.
i might have to out source the sheath mate, lol, thanks mate, you kind words mean a lot mate.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks like a great little knife, Lee.............bet you found metal-bashing a little different from leatherwork, eh?

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Looks like a great little knife, Lee.............bet you found metal-bashing a little different from leatherwork, eh?
yes its a lot different, but its something i have wanted to do for some time, as i make so much leather for knife makers, its about time i started to put some clothes on me own.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
That's a serious blade, not just as a first attempt, but for any attempt! The first dozen or so I made were mostly used as 'gardening implements' and door wedges!

That is one cracking blade, Lee, excellent work!

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
That is really nice ! Obviously a natural talent ! And original ideas. Just hope the sheath you make for it is good enough to be paired with the knife ?? (just joking of course).
Way better than my first attempt was !

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
God you are annoying ;)

Yeh for a first attempt its rubbish........... No cannot do it. That's so great. Stuff first attempt. The profile is lovely, the workmanship is nothing but perfect, and the finishes I love.

Fella, you are so good.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
God you are annoying ;)

Yeh for a first attempt its rubbish........... No cannot do it. That's so great. Stuff first attempt. The profile is lovely, the workmanship is nothing but perfect, and the finishes I love.

Fella, you are so good.
thank you very much mate, that means the world, im really going to try me best at this, and hopefully i will be able to make something a little respectable, in time, and make stuff that people with be happy to carry and use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE