Maxpedition Versipack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Thanks Adi

Great pics I see the significance of the avatar now :wink:

Still, the pack looks better and better the more I see. Now do I have the funds.

Bill

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
tenbears10 said:
Thanks Adi

Great pics I see the significance of the avatar now :wink:

Still, the pack looks better and better the more I see. Now do I have the funds.

Bill
In the avatar I'm not wearing the pack!!!

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Chopper said:
Would that be a tilly hat you're wearing?
It would :) ... another great bit of kit that I am regularly seen with! :biggthump

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Adi007 said:
Warning - Cheesy catalog photos to follow. :eek:):
Ooh ... you are so in trouble for calling my photos cheesy! :photo:

Wondering if a tilley hat would make good charcloth... ?? :f:

:nana:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Kath said:
Ooh ... you are so in trouble for calling my photos cheesy! :photo:

Wondering if a tilley hat would make good charcloth... ?? :f:

:nana:
OK, OK ... it was a cheesy pose!

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I have been using the large rolly polly pouch from maxpedition for the last few days.

its one of those very simple but ingenious designs.

as a said i have only had it a few days but so far i really like it, I havent used any of the other maxpedition stuff but i like this one

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Tilley hats are really one of the best hats that I have found, the simple retention method has to be the best that I have experienced in the many years that I have been looking for the perfect all rounder.
And don't you just love the "bragg tags". :drillserg

I feel another thread coming on.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
I have to agree ... it really is hard to beat the Tilley hat. I wear mine pretty much all year round and it it great in both the wet (sees a lot of that) and the hot weather (sees less of that). Mine also gets used as a pillow, a holder for things around camp, an impromptu foraging bag, and much much more. Mine looks rough (mostly because it's khaki) but structuarally it's still sound.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
As this is now a Tilley Hat thread.....I agree with the above positive comments. You might look like an old f**t, but the hats are tough, keep you dry in the wet, un-burnt in the heat, stay on in the wind and scrunch up into a pocket/rucsac when I'm climbing (I need to look up and the peak gets in the way). All-round, not cheap but excellent for the outdoor life.

Ted W

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Wayne said:
I am tempted to get one myself. However being a short bottom im still concerned it won't fit. Any chance of bringing one along to the meet up so i can try it out.

cheers
I'll have mine with me so you can see it then! :wave:

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
tedw said:
You might look like an old f**t,
:shock:
Not sure if you should take offence to that Adi! :wink: Still with a leg pouch AND Tilley hat, goodness knows what you look like - but who cares anyway?!

BTW there's actually a funny story to go with the photo of him standing there - I set up the photo on the beach and took the first few (I always take loads to be on the safe side) and this entire family of grockles with coolers, deckchairs and sun shades the whole bit comes and sits between me and him!!! And we were only about 7 feet apart!! :yikes: Flippin eck the tourists drive me nuts! :rant: -- Anyway that explains the rather cheesy expression on his face as I had just "politely" asked them to get the :censored: out of the way!

Anyway I think both Tilley hats and leg pouches are awesome kit and I couldn't give a flying figleaf what people think I look like!! :wink: :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE