Maxpedition Thermite Versipack??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Do you own a Maxpedition Thermite Versipack??

If so what are your thoughts guys? Been lookin at em for a while but am wondering if they're a versatile bit of gear. What do you use yours for ?? Does it replace a day pack?? Gimme your thoughts :naughty:

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Absolutely love mine! It's fantastic because it leaves your hands-free, but everything is in easy reach (unlike a backpack as i have to get someone else to get stuff out for me when i've got it on :roll:). It hasn't replaced my daypack for hill walking, but certainly for shorter outings, it's my regular carry. :biggthump

In the car accident I had a while back, the vehicle turned over chucking all my kit everywhere (my maxp included :cry:) after ten minutes of searching in the dark for bits of kit and then seconds later finding I'd lost them again amongst the rubble, I was so very happy to find my maxp (which had gone out the front windscreen!). And being able to strap it round myself felt immensely powerful. It had all my kit in ... phone, torches, emergency whistle, all of which I needed to use to get help. In fact the hospital staff had a devil of a time getting me to part with it actually! LOL! It's an awesome piece of kit that I can honestly say saved my life. :biggthump

J

Jamie

Here you go:
thermitea.jpg

thermited.jpg

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Andy said:
I really hate having bulky things strapped to my leg. I knife is a bit much often.
Yeah funnily enough I thought that way too. But once I'd tried it, I didn't mind. I think because it's round your waist like a bum bag (hate that name!) the weight of it doesn't feel like it's on your leg. :-D

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Andy said:
I really hate having bulky things strapped to my leg. I knife is a bit much often.
The one think I noticed about that picture that Jamie posted is that the pouch looks massive compared to the guy ... either I'm big or the pouch doesn't seem that bulky to me ...

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Thanks for all your feedback guys..... Very useful, It looks like one is going to find it's way onto my christmas list yay !! :biggthump

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Kath said:
Absolutely love mine! It's fantastic because it leaves your hands-free, but everything is in easy reach (unlike a backpack as i have to get someone else to get stuff out for me when i've got it on :roll:). It hasn't replaced my daypack for hill walking, but certainly for shorter outings, it's my regular carry. :biggthump

In the car accident I had a while back, the vehicle turned over chucking all my kit everywhere (my maxp included :cry:) after ten minutes of searching in the dark for bits of kit and then seconds later finding I'd lost them again amongst the rubble, I was so very happy to find my maxp (which had gone out the front windscreen!). And being able to strap it round myself felt immensely powerful. It had all my kit in ... phone, torches, emergency whistle, all of which I needed to use to get help. In fact the hospital staff had a devil of a time getting me to part with it actually! LOL! It's an awesome piece of kit that I can honestly say saved my life. :biggthump
Now thats a recomendation!!!! :You_Rock_ Kath x

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Chopper said:
I got the "Fat Boy" (cos I am one) ,I think it s better due to the fact that its a bit larger.

I purchased it from these people, the service was spot on and their price was cheaper than anywere else I found, also check out their prices on all other products especially the Surefire torches.

http://outdoorsuppliesuk.com/maxpedition/maxpedition.html

:p
Fat boys a shoulder bag versipack is a waist pack right :?:

J

Jamie

Paganwolf said:
Fat boys a shoulder bag versipack is a waist pack right :?:

the fatboy is the shoulder version and is a bit larger, the thermite is the waist/leg pack

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
maddave said:
Thanks for all your feedback guys..... Very useful, It looks like one is going to find it's way onto my christmas list yay !! :biggthump
If you have any more questions about them, the best people to talk to are Jack or Jamie over at Woodland Organics. I also fitted one of their glow-rings to the top zip loop of my thermite, to make it easier to find in the dark (NOT that I intend having any more accidents! LOL!)

Hope Santa brings you one for Crimble!! :-D

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Fed up of carting a small backpack and/or moving pocket contents from one jacket or pair of trousers to another, I bought the Maxpedition Thermite Versipack from Woodland Organics.
It arrived this morning and I am won over by its design, functionality, comfort and capacity. I will only need to put water bottle and crusader mug in jacket from now on for most short trips out.
I am just as impressed by the service from Jack at Woodland (not an advert, but praise where it's due), this is the third or fourth item I have bought there and stunning turnaround times, helpful and cheerful emails, and great kit. I think I read on another thread that they were not the cheapest, but for the quality of service - worth every penny!
One happy chappy today :lol:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE