Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack in SW UK for me to try on?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ganstey

Settler
Hi all,
Is there anyone in the SW of the UK (Wilts/Glos/Bath area) that has a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack that I could take a look at and try on? I've read loads of reviews and seen loads of YouTube vids, and think it will suit my needs, but I need to make sure it's going to feel comfortable when I'm wearing it. So I'm hoping there's someone not too far from me that would be willing to meet up over a brew/pint so I could see one in the flesh and try it for fit. I'm hoping that it will be bought for me as a gift, so buying one online, trying it, and then sending it back doesn't seem right.
Cheers
Graham

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Sorry can't help you as I'm in the North. But I love mine. I Find it comfortable, though it is tempting to overload it - you can get quite a bit of stuff in there, especially if you add on a couple of pouches as I have. Be sure which shoulder you want to wear it over. The standard version goes over the left shoulder, the S version over the right - just a matter of preference. It is a tough, well made bit of kit.
hope you get to try one - I don't regret buying mine.

ganstey

Settler
Thanks. Yeah, wearing it on my RHS (left shoulder) is my natural 'carry'. I want it for a very specific purpose, and to carry a specific set of kit, and I'm not sure it's quite big enough now. Adding on pouches isn't that practical for it's intended purpose (Lowland Search & Rescue). Another reason why I'd like to play with one 'in the flesh'. Thanks for the reply.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
If you're needing to carry more than will fit in a Jumbo Versipack, maybe a shoulder bag isn't the answer as it does start to get heavy if you over fill it.
ive just got a Maxpedition Gearslinger Sitka. Which is a fair bit bigger but still fairly compact. If you've not seen one, it's like a one strap, cross body rucksac but you can rotate the bag to the front to access the contents without having to take it off - that might be worth a look.
Hope you find what you need for your very important work - hats off to you for what you do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE