Maxpedition Jumbo Fatboy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I GOT MY FATBOY!!! I GOT MY FATBOY!!!! I GOT MY FATBOY!!!!
I orginally ordered it in khaki( so as not to look like "Tactical Timmy"), but TAD GEAR was outof khaki. So I got the black.

In spite of the color ,she be a winner!!!! You can "haul the goods" with this baby!!

I just transfered all my goodies from the surplus british gasmask bag. And i have room left over in the fatboy.

And she is till ungoddly comfortable!!!
So if any of you still have any reticense on gettin the fatboy, get rid of your treppidations!!!!

GET IT!!!!!!

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme gear/packs main/jumbo_versipack.htm

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
well i broke down and ordered one.
e-bay is evil.....
it's costing me around £40 delivered.
the clincher was the pocket that fits a nalgene bottle
and it's khaki too. :D

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i think so. i'm not left handed but i think it'll suit me more for greneral use. i'm not planning to use it to carry a gun so it shouldn't matter

Graham_S said:
well i broke down and ordered one.
e-bay is evil.....
it's costing me around £40 delivered.
the clincher was the pocket that fits a nalgene bottle
and it's khaki too. :D

FYI, being bushcrafti, Don't forget!!!! A nalgene bottle fits inside a small 1 lb. coffee can. and the coffee can fits(though a little tight) in that pocket. and you can cook out of that coffee can!!!! :thinkerg:

Just add your favorite coffee or tea( green earl grey my favorite)in the bag with a spoon/spork,,,,,,,,,,Bon Appetit!!!! :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
But....but...where does the perculator pot go???????????

coffee.gif

I suppose I could grind the beans before I left (or slip my handgrinder in the bag)....Blue Mountain of course :D

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
tadpole, that's actually the one i bought ;)

i'm sure i can fit my crusader cup/cooker in there somewhere and a bunch of other stuff besides.
the end pocket looks about the right size for my tinder kit. looking forward to getting it.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
After reading MattW's comparison review over at BB.....

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13857&highlight=JUMBO+FATBOY

I bought a Jumbo Fatboy. I already had the standard version and considered it too small for most purposes. The Jumbo seems just about right...maybe a tad small. I have worn mine on both sides and it works either way. The only thing I wish it had was the black mesh padding on the back should be "sticky" so it would not swing forward as easily when you bend over. The velcro belt loop is nice to prevent this swing but I think sticky material would work well too.

Good bag....almost big enough :D

Several of the local cops are carrying it in my town as an "off-duty" bag with their heater in the accessory holster.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
bit of an update.

got my jumbo fatboy today (d*mn customs)

great bit of kit.

unfortunately the mug doesn't fit in the nalgene pocket so there goes that plan :(

one thing i did discover though is the the velcro belt keeper on the body side of the pack is just the right size to go around the head of my GB SFA.
tried it out and it's not uncomfortable.
I've got my pocket first aid kit attached to one of the MOLLE strips with alice clips and the belt clip for my folding saw on one of the others.
looks like it's going to hold most of what i need.
there's even loops on the bottom i can attach a rolled poncho to :D

well recommended

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE