Mauser Officers Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've had this for........... a long time! I can't actually remember how long but at least 25 years:confused:

anyway, it served me extremely well and has been well looked after in its turn but hasn't been used for several years now and it may as well go to help finance something I might actually use.

P8050033.jpg

it's got "Sgt. C." just visible on the back scale:
P8050036.jpg

but it's certainly not " screaming in your face"

The etching on the finer blade has polished off now but you can see it if you squint:cool:
P8050039.jpg

all the blades are in very good nick, the saw on these is particularly effective.
P8050038.jpg

It's a genuine "Victorinox" too:
P8050043.jpg

Everythingstill snaps smartly into place, no sloppy or wobbly blades etc.

It comes complete with a moulded leather belt pouch I made for it a few years ago;
P8050030.jpg

P8050031.jpg

Apparently, these have become collectors items?:confused: see here: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88608

Anyway I can't find any for sale in this country used or otherwise and they're rather pricey if you can find them elsewhere

SOLD
[/B]Thanks for looking

Steve

Last edited:

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Thanks for posting this for sale Steve.
My dad bought me one of these in the 1970s I think.
The shop had reduced them as they were not selling as they didn't have the red handle!
I remember the saw in particular being scarily efficient. Cut like a Lapplander!
Free bump for stirring some good memories.
Cheers , Simon

Dano

Forager
Nov 24, 2005
UK
I just picked one of these up in a shop in Jakarta, unused, in the box, no idea they were making that sort of price, I still have one I used for years, well worn now and confined to the draw, I guess I wont be using the new one if they are collectors items, it can go in the draw with my new and unused woodlore (more than 5 years on the waiting list, I had forgotten all about it until the email from them) ;)

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
flippnig heck --
I know they are getting rare but didn't know how much they where going for. Shame as I want another.

I've still got mine - goes with me on every holiday etc. I've taken the plastic scales off and replaced them with wood, so I fancied and "orginal" one to go wit hit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE