Match case review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
When Mike was setting up his passaround for the iTP torch I was cheeky and asked if he could add a match case to the package ( I was first to receive it) to save postage.

As a thank you I thought i'd write a little review ;)

• The container is well built and looks machined from 2 pieces of metal so there are no seams to leak

• It has a o-ring seal to keep things nice and dry

• The lid has a coarse screw thread which invokes confidence

• It is slightly long for our uk 'non safety' matches (Swan vestas) but with a ball of cotten wool you have some emergancy tinder and it stops any rattleing

• It holds 35 matches though you could force a couple more in if you wished but I think you would then have problems getting them out easily

• the base is slightly larger then the barel so it stands well and is difficult to knock over

• the knurled base gives a secure grip and can be used to strike the matches (works very well)
all in all a nice little package that will last years (asuming I don't loose it! :eek: - however with a nice bright paracord lanyard through the slip ring in the lid will help guard against that ;))

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Be advised: the bases of these things may not be as watertight as you'd think. I bought a batch of 5 - from another vendor - but 2 had a tiny leak. Before relying on them I suggest inserting a piece of tissue paper and giving them an overnight immersion test - you'll need to weigh it down. Fellow BCUK member Trunks suggests a light smudge of silicone sealer in the bottom if a leak is found. Aside from this they are indeed a handy thing to carry, certainly recommended.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE