Massage Guns

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
After hearing what you do and where the pain is I'd suggest you look into Muscular Imbalance as you seem to do all of your upper body movements in the sagittal plane , this can time ( especially with desk work ) lead to a rounding of the shoulders creating problems with posture and the muscles to the shoulder girdle.

Muscular Imbalance is literally ( Duhhh! ) about the balance between opposing muscles groups so I would suggest you look inti exercising and strengthening the muscles on the posterior chain ( basically any muscle that allows us to straighten the Spine and adduct the arms in a backwards position.

Cheers TeeDee, added those to my daily workout :)

Yep a massive imbalance as you point out. Problem is the exercises are just not as fun as the other stuff but i shall be slapping me sen if I dont keep them up..

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just talking - but if you only work the " mirror muscles " - the things you see in the mirror that get most men focused on training you'll probably only be working 30% of the muscles you have - the Legs , Upper and Lower back make up a good 60% of muscles - if you focus upon the front muscles you'll be making the situation worse. You need to look at someone who benches ALOT and see the way that their shoulder round forward and they 'enclose' their pecs by corrupting their posture. By contrast look at an Olympic or competitive Rower or Olympic Lifter - upright full posture and developed rear delts ,, upper back and good mobility.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Macca.UK

Aug 4, 2020
Barnsley
For anyone wanting to try a matter gun, if you have a jigsaw, a filled off and rounded blade a golf ball and some 2 part epoxy then you are in business!

IMG-20200112-224409-01.jpg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
So, you've had yours nearly a year, what's your thoughts on it's value after this time? What one did you buy?

There are now enough generic models out there that are inexpensive and and try to put it into perspective by how much it costs me to book a professional massage appointment ( for me £45 a time ) so my massage gun cost me £90 so its 'paid for itself' with just two uses and I obviously have the benefit access to it when ever I need it.

Its real use is obvious in self massage - you don't need to keep requesting a partner to give you a favour of a massage , so you can just crack on and hit them yourself.

The other benefit it is that you can hit tricky muscle groups with some very specific localised attention in what can be difficult to get to areas.

Overall I consider it a good purchase - self care should be a priority.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Just talking - but if you only work the " mirror muscles " - the things you see in the mirror that get most men focused on training you'll probably only be working 30% of the muscles you have - the Legs , Upper and Lower back make up a good 60% of muscles - if you focus upon the front muscles you'll be making the situation worse. You need to look at someone who benches ALOT and see the way that their shoulder round forward and they 'enclose' their pecs by corrupting their posture. By contrast look at an Olympic or competitive Rower or Olympic Lifter - upright full posture and developed rear delts ,, upper back and good mobility.
Good advice there!

I'm 41 and quite possibly in the best all round shape I've ever been. My programming revolves around four things: power, speed/quickness, strength, and proprioception.

I dont train for muscle mass anymore (I did years ago and bulked up, walking round like all 'swole', which was awesome for my confidence but terrible for my cardio and I had zero flexibility ). I don't just run anymore, because my ankles and knees suffered over the years from poor boot choice and far too many twists and rolling of my ankles, so running 10 miles would leave me limping for days after.....

What I do now is try and train everything in sensible chunks. I have a garage gym, its not flash but it functional. I work on the weak points, and replicate real life movements where I can. The best part about how I train now is that its always different. I can walk in the garage and think 'well, it's a power day, what shall I do?'I Then I look at what I did on the last power day and make something else up!

Long gone are the days of:

Monday: back and bi's
Tuesday: chest and tri's

You can give yourself a beast of a workout with just your own bodyweight, add one kettlebell and some resistance bands and you can transform into a machine! (A good physique is a bi-product of good training, not the aim.....)

(Sorry, Saturday sermon over, my bad....)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
There are now enough generic models out there that are inexpensive and and try to put it into perspective by how much it costs me to book a professional massage appointment ( for me £45 a time ) so my massage gun cost me £90 so its 'paid for itself' with just two uses and I obviously have the benefit access to it when ever I need it.

Its real use is obvious in self massage - you don't need to keep requesting a partner to give you a favour of a massage , so you can just crack on and hit them yourself.

The other benefit it is that you can hit tricky muscle groups with some very specific localised attention in what can be difficult to get to areas.

Overall I consider it a good purchase - self care should be a priority.

Yeah, I get what you're saying on value. I'm tempted I have to say...

Reactions: dwardo

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Yeah, I get what you're saying on value. I'm tempted I have to say...

I'd happily post it to you for you to try for a bit and make your own mind - but by the time I've paid for it via recorded post and you've returned it back by recorded post due to its size and weight I'd hazard a guess that its going to be a decent little amount of change that could go to a unit in the first place.

Let me know however as I an always get a price.

Reactions: dwardo

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks for the offer TD, appreciated, I think i'd just take the plunge.

I think that i'm waiting for our other massage thing to break and that will be my excuse :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE