Mark Hill Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I would like to add that I have also heard from Mark via Facebook today.

Thankfully Mark is well but has been off radar with no internet or phone for a month.

My knife should be ready next week and I will update in due course. I am so excited.

I feel kind of ****ty about my earlier posts, I should have had more patience.

If I lived closer to Mark I'd happily volunteer some time to help deal with his customers.
I feel like all this could have been avoided if we had been kept in the loop.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Thanks for the updates. Glad that Mark has made contact :)

Hey Ken,

No need to feel bad about your earlier post. I know what you mean, although I don't have to deal with all you describe, I do know I analyse situations in a similar manner. Usually totally over thinking them. Didn't sound to me like you were impatient.

Interesting thread here about the ups and downs of taking deposits. http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/when-is-it-time-to-ask-for-a-deposit.1476716/

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Yep, good to know. I've seen this happen many times across the forums over the years. No disrespect to Mark, this isn't directed at you, or any of the other people I've seen this 'burst in popularity' happen to, but often the finest craftsmen don't make the finest businessmen. They produce items of exceptional quality, word spreads leading to more orders. Eventually it can be overwhelming, particularly with life experiences such as illness or bereavement.

Anyway, glad it's sorted :)

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I think some folk need to get out in the fresh air more.

A 3.5 year wait for a custom rifle and I might understand your anxiety!

K

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
I think some folk need to get out in the fresh air more.

A 3.5 year wait for a custom rifle and I might understand your anxiety!

K

mate, you shouldn't mock or make light of peoples conditions, this thread has had some sensible responses to a delicate issue and people have been quite frank and open about their own issues which in itself is quite a brave thing to do in my opinion.

this is a friendly forum and so far has been supportive.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I did a trade in February 2012 and never saw his side of the deal or the items I traded or the large blade blank he was to sharpen for the trade; last contact September 2016.

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I'm really sorry to resurrect this but I've had no contact from Mark for three weeks now.
I initially waited 10 days before asking Mark for an update on progress and a realistic estimate for completion.
I've now waited another 10 days but have had no reply.
This update is for information purposes and the hope that someone will be able to contact Mark indirectly.
I'd like to know that he is ok and to discuss my order - ASAP.
I'm still very excited about my knife and am sympathetic to any problems he might be having.
But at this stage I think Mark really needs to keep in contact with his customers so they are informed.
I don't think he is doing himself any favours and he's certainly causing me unnecessary anxiety.
So again if anyone is able to contact him please ask him to contact me direct he has all my information.
Many Thanks.

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
I was flicking through some knifey pages in the search engine this morning as you do and came across Ashdown Forest Crafts, handmade bushcraft knives etc etc all designed and made by someone called Simon Hardie, thing is all the knives have a very familiar triangular makers mark .....??!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE