Marbles Compass

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Does anyone know a good cheap place to buy these from, preferably that does PayPal. I found some for £14.95 at Misway UK but they want £8.85 to post it!

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Thanks. Just bought one, as it will ideal for me to use as a quick direction checker & will live on my rucksack strap. Will hopefully help to stop me loosing diresction in the woods although I will by a proper large compass soon.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Mine is clipped to my belt on a mini crab and I use it all the time as an orientation check for the light when I'm looking at locations for photography.

It would be fine for a backup compass but it's a bit small for doing anything but roughly aligning a map for general navigation.

You can pick up cheap and cheerful base-plate compasses for next to nothing these days.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I plan to use it as a quick direction checker when out in the woods. I will be getting a decent sight compass soon as my navigation skills need a bit more work. I had a great walk in a new local wood I was scouting a few days ago & ended up after 40 mins coming to the gate I used to go into the wood when I thought I was on the other side of it. I had walked round in a large circle! I am looking at this Micro Navigation & other skills at the moment that will hopefully stop me doing the same thing again too often...

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
My button compass arrived yesterday but it was too rainy to be out, so I hope to give it a go today. I will have it on a 12" cordage lanyard tied to my rucksack strap, where it will live in the small mobile phone pocket. Looks a nice bit of kit. I will be doing Wayland's trick of using some locktight on the screw case to stoip it coming off.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE