Mangle/wringer?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 19, 2013
Exeter, Devon
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company in the UK which would sell a new wringer? The antique ones are just too heavy and the wringers are normally shot. When I lived in the US I got one from Lehman's and there are some other companies catering to simple living or prepping that carry them. However I can't seem to find anything similar for the UK. Any suggestions for where to search would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hehe, that brought back memories of having a bath in the kitchen sink as a kid and fearing that I'd be put through the mangle afterwards if I didn't behave.

They seem to have totally disappeared from the UK bar old ones on Ebay/Gumtree though there are versions for the car detailing industry for chamois cloths and the likes. I think they may be a bit wee for doing sheets and the likes though.

I did use one as a cider press round at a mates years ago. Roughly chopped the apples and popped them in a cloth bag then through the mangle.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Hehe, that brought back memories

They seem to have totally disappeared from the UK bar old ones

certainly did bring back memories :) disappeared along with washboards and plungers, as kids we used to ''play'' our washboard (better known as making a ''right old racket'') :lmao:

act_download.cfm

posser%20perforated%20metal.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE