Manchester Lads?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hi Fellas

Just started getting back into bushcraft recently, (not done it since i was a kid) Just wondering if anyone is from manchester? if so where and have you any good sites that are local for walks, camps and a spot of forraging?

Thanks Guys

Dave

Helen Back

Jan 1, 2010
Stockport
I wish some of the old-timers would answer you Dave - I'm Stockport/Manchester border and would like to know some decent places too. I'm very much newbie :)

Dean

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Im in Stretford but born and bred Chorltonian. There is plent of woodland near me, but lots of paths and lots of people in good weather. Not camped down there yet but signs that others have....anyone up for a night under the stars ????

Mar 4, 2010
Cheshire
Hey Mentalnurse, i'm from Earlestown/Newton-le-Willows just down the road give us a shout if you've got anything planned me and my boy would luv to get involved.
Thanks,,Macka.

MONKEY8MAV

May 29, 2010
bolton manchester uk
hey dave you heard of entwistle resevoir in darwen good spot for forraging with alot of billberrys about and wood sorel in the pine forrest surrounding the resevoir and some decent mushrooms good spot for tracking as well

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hey,

I just moved to Hulme and will be hoping to get out and about once I'm a bit settled. Have moved from Newcastle so don't know the area at all. And I don't drive yet, which makes checking out the area that bit more time consuming and laborious. So if you are planning on getting a wee meet together in the next few months then let me know.

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
Hey there Merry!
Hope you get on ok down there! Hope you have a good new year! and keep up the posts! All the best! Just wondering if you wear your 3 piece suit for bushcraft! What do you wear for your new job! lol!

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hey there Merry!
Hope you get on ok down there! Hope you have a good new year! and keep up the posts! All the best! Just wondering if you wear your 3 piece suit for bushcraft! What do you wear for your new job! lol!

Ha, cheers. Happy festivities to you too. I'll be wearing camo :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE