making soap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Bambodoggy, that is how my grandmothers used to make soap earlier last century. The amount of ashes will tell how much lye is released thus how potent the soap. Great post :wink:
just a thought

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Carcajou Garou said:
Bambodoggy, that is how my grandmothers used to make soap earlier last century. The amount of ashes will tell how much lye is released thus how potent the soap. Great post :wink:
just a thought

Many thanks but I have to be honest...I can't take credit for it, I was quoting verbatum from the US Army Survival Manual..... :wink:

How's the winter coming on in Canada now....damn I wish I was over there!!! :super:
Still, you guys do miss out on all the wonderful damp drizzle we're so famous for :nana:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I posted a link on this thread towards the begining that has the whole US Army Survival Manual online....it's in a very easy to use format too...

Hope that's of use to some of you.... :eek:):

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Off topic, weather -40c +windchill + high humidity = -? lots of vehicles won't start or freeze up while on their way. Warmer where you are?
justtttt a ttthought :chill:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
That's up to you my friend... maybe you should read the "To wash or not to wash" thread on here....lol....half the gang are stinkers and the other half never come out of the bathroom! :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:

Right, that's me off everyone's Christmas list!!! :nana:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE