making my EnZo knife kit part 1, 2 & 3

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xander

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2011
bedford england
Right i thought i would take photos and post them up here so you can all laugh at someone who has never made anything like this before lol ;)
this is my kit
newknifekit.jpg

i then fit the bits of wood to the blade so make sure thay fit

k.jpg

next i taped up the blade so i didnt chop off my fingers

kn.jpg

next i saw this funny photo of sam and thought i would post it again ;) lol

005.jpg

next (not sure you can really see it) i scuffed up the handle end with some sand paper so the glue would have somthing to bite on to

kni.jpg

then i mixed the glue and stuck on the wooden handle bits screwed on the brass bits and clamped it all together

knif.jpg

im going to leave it over night and carry on tomorrow :)

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Good job!

I really need to do one of these once. I`ve heard so many good things about trappers, I started wanting one.

xander

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2011
bedford england
right day 2

so i left the knife over night to let the glue set i then got some coarse sandpaper

d7ec415f.jpg

i then sanded the edges of the back of the handle till they were flush

f4856fba.jpg

i then ran into a problem !! the front of the handle is shaped so your fingers fit nicely making it imposable for the sanding block i swiped off my dad to work properly ????

930f4f1b.jpg

my tiny brain went in to over drive thinking how on earth am i going to do this ??? wot am i going to use ???? as always my mind ran to the gutter "i need something mildly phallic to wrap the sandpaper around" my first idea was to use something from my wifes "special" draw but thinking this was not appropriate moved my mind out of the gutter and in to my sorry excuse for a tool kit and found this

66ebdd5f.jpg

this seemed to work well very well and in no time at all id got it all flush too :)

3c52fb7c.jpg

unfortunately sam aka man_of_tanith as threatened to knee cap me if i show any more funny photos of him so ill have to wait till he has forgoten this threat then post them lol

xander

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2011
bedford england
DAY 3

today i went over my m8 jons house and when he was showing me his new model plane i swiped this

c84eb5cd.jpg

when i got home i then set to fileing down the brass bolt/pin bits

ae111034.jpg

this was harder than i had thought but i put on stargate universe that i had recorded last night and set too it and by the first ad brake id got half done

26defc4f.jpg

and by the time stargate had finished the handle looked like this

3e900e96.jpg

0ce903e2.jpg

edfabec8.jpg

i then started to sand it down i used a fine one this time and spent a lot of time trying to make it as smooth and symmetrical as i could

a822f170.jpg

i then got worryed i was taking too much off so i nipped over to see my m8 sam aka man_of_tanith as his village is not far from bedford to have a look as some of his knifes
this is his current fav i think and my trapper

606ed6ad.jpg

after looking at his knife i was pleased with how well i was doing i then spied a bottle of raw linseed oil and after telling sams better half that she needed to get a move on and give birth (she is a week over due) i grabbed it as i was bustled out the door ;)

af223e50.jpg

next i put on bear grylls and with him on for inspiration i set about oiling the handle

a0f02d2f.jpg

before
303994e7.jpg

after one coat
these nex pics are after 3 coats of oil with 30-40 mins between

2f2f84d9.jpg

ef8a4de8.jpg

ive now put 5 coats on and will carry on till i go to bed and may be depending on wot it looks like tomorrow morning too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE