Making more jam!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
At the last camp down in the wood I introduced the guys to banana sliced lengthways, filled with Nutella, wrapped in foil and put on the fire; I couldn't believe none of them had ever tried it before.

I use squares of chocolate but I guess Nutella would work too. Never tried it myself as I usualy have chocolate on me rather than Nutella.
Have you ever chunked up a Mars bar and done it with that? Oooh lovely but you better have a sweet tooth!
Janne is going to be egging us on then touting for business . :) :) :)
Anyway didn't get round to the blackcurrant curd today. Too busy making wax wraps and hair scrunchies for the craft shop. Maybe tomorrow
. I found a you tube of Hugh f w making some . (And I thought I had an original idea ) :( oh well at least it will tastep good ( hopefully) as it wont be an experiment as I had envisaged. My experiments can often be disastrous.

Last edited:
Reactions: santaman2000

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
At the last camp down in the wood I introduced the guys to banana sliced lengthways, filled with Nutella, wrapped in foil and put on the fire; I couldn't believe none of them had ever tried it before.
WOW!

Need to do that on the grill...........

My Arteries will hate me even more!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've been doing those choccy bannanas since the early 70s. It was part of my menu for my patrol camp leaders badge in the girl guides. Very popular pud!

Reactions: Janne

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I do feel sorry for you having diabetes. It's a bummer when others are tucking into scrummy sweet stuff, but you can get diabetic chocolate so you don't need to be left out.
I have a pal who is diabetic so I know how it is.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Even more beautiful on a crepe, on its way towards my mouth.....

Do you skim away the damson stones or do you leave them to flavour?

I make own Washington cherry jam sometimes, and find leaving the stones gives a different flavour.
Same with Damson?

Reactions: petrochemicals

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Well this time I made jelly so all the stones and fruit pulp was put into a muslin jelly bag and I only used the juice. I got a pint and a half. Seems a bit of a waste in one way, but my friends pigs like the "waste" so that will turn into some sausages or bacon in the future so it won't be wasted realy.
Had a taste as I Jared it up.... OMG! It's wonderful.
I had intended it for Xmas presents.. but I'm not so sure now!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE