Making a Kuksa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I've not made anything for a while now and thought that I would get back into doing a bit of carving with a Kuksa, I made a short slideshow of how I got on. I'm quite pleased with it really, its made from Willow and decorated with a bit of Kolrosing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENNmUr4gZ5M

Alessio

Mar 3, 2010
Swansea, Wales
Nice work =]. I am particularly impressed with the engraving, that would be my biggest problem I think, the fiddly bit. So to make it stand out you just rubbed coffee into the indents and wiped it all over with linseed oil? Pretty clever trick =]

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Nice work =]. I am particularly impressed with the engraving, that would be my biggest problem I think, the fiddly bit. So to make it stand out you just rubbed coffee into the indents and wiped it all over with linseed oil? Pretty clever trick =]

Yep pretty much,

you can use the inner bark from Birch trees ground up to a powder or nutmeg works well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE