Making a knife of my own

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RobertsonPau

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2004
North Yorkshire,UK
Hiya folks

I'm after some advice. I fancy the idea of making my own knife but have neither the resources or the skills to make my own blade, so I want to start by just putting the handle on somebody elses blade. Any suggestions where I can source blades from.

Paul

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
Hi
Try www.attacc.com a UK company that delivers very quickly and has a reasonable selection, they have just introduced some new knife making materials.
Alternatively try www.brisa.fi a company in finland which has a very good selection of blades and materials, very high quality material. They deliver to the UK.
Hope this is of help, if you need anymore help just ask.

Michael

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Another vote for Brisa. Great service and great quality. I would advise getting a couple of cheaper blades, some are 7 euros or so, still very good quality mind. Practice on these as you won't be too heartbroken if you stuff it up.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Snufkin said:
I would advise getting a couple of cheaper blades, some are 7 euros or so, still very good quality mind. Practice on these as you won't be too heartbroken if you stuff it up.

Absolutely - the Lauri blades are great and I would be happy to buy them at twice the price.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
RobertsonPau said:
Cheers for the advice guys. I especially like the full tang ones from attac, and the kits they do look good. Looks like I'll be ordering something soon.

Paul
Let us know how it turns out :)

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Why not try buying a mora with a stick tang and knocking off the old handle and making your own new one? You can practice leather work with the blade end of the plastic sheath as a liner!

Or

Check of British Blades their are loads of blade makers on there (shing for example) who will make a blade to your specs!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE