Makers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i'm a leftie and love my IJ puukko. i pulled the ring with belt loop off and just have the sheath hanging with a leather bootlace through the remaining hole in the sheath. it's be easier to show with a pic than explain in writing. but carrying the sheath back to front with the seam on the outside looks like it was meant to be :cool:

cheers, and.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
never thought about the probs for left handed sheaths. do neck sheaths work for both.

on the point of net blocking i've had trouble with biology revision as they contain rude words what a shocking thing the human body is

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
It depends... I mostly do Kydex sheaths, and if I'm doing a flat-backed one, then most definitely it matters. If they're a clamshell-design, then I like to know the handedness of the wearer so I can get the rivets nice side out :)

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
Scandi sheath are easy to make left handed.

It simply means that they bend the other way. By thi I mean that when the sheath is being formed you put the knife in with the belly of the blade facing to the right instead of the left!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE