Makers mark help needed?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
As some of you will know i make some knifes and leather work but as yet i dont have a makers mark ,which i want/need! Anyway i dont have the pc skills or software to develop one so i,m asking for a bit of help please,Obviously my BCUK name is Gill which is my name and what i get called and my initials are GG ,I am not looking for a big mark something simple and that stands out ,I dont want you to do this for nowt so the one that i choose(if any:eek:)I will make a sheath for any knife you want as a trade.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ooo its hard i tell ya. I am still in the middle of a design and just cant get it right. Not easy.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Here you are.

sm-GGMakersmark.jpg

This one is a bitmap, but the original is still vector, so is infinitely changable.

Eric

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I use a pen and pencil lol easy enough to get in on a pc then.
The hard part is the design and idea.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
IMG_1771[1].jpg
some I did a while back, the acorn is my touchmark.
I did a spider for someone on here a while back also.

Last edited:

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Hiya Gill
Didn't really know what to do for this one as I don't know much about you, but here's a selection of ideas anyway. I've come up with a random selection of ideas with a variety of different font and text options (which can all be changed). If you have any ideas of idea for a theme just let me know.
GG.jpg
ATB
Dan

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Gill, what about something like this ? ( i can't do the computer drawing bit ) it say's your name, represents a fish's Gill and would be a reasonable simple stamp to have made.

gill.jpg

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
could i revive this i still dont have one and this has been on the back shelf for a wee while.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
We could do with a better idea of what you're looking for? GG or gill? Any particular image or shape?

This is the thing buddy i,m not sure:rolleyes: maybe even a wee mark and initials i thought of a wee campfire amongst other things.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Just some quick sketches, they'd need a lot of tidying up but you get the idea anyway. I think the fish one has potential, especially given your name... :)

Gillfish.jpg

Gillfire.jpg

Gillacorn.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE