Makers mark help needed?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Hats off to Dave on those drawings, I'm a photoshopper (and do artistic stuff like my signature) not a drawer so new ideas and creations like that are beyond me!
None the less I did these 2 yesterday evening after you said about the campfire idea. Not really happy with either though!

gill1.pnggill2.png

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Just some quick sketches, they'd need a lot of tidying up but you get the idea anyway. I think the fish one has potential, especially given your name... :)

Gillfish.jpg

Gillfire.jpg

Gillacorn.jpg

Now i,m liking these much especially the bottom two the fish is good too but no a fish fan,be good to see then tidy,ed up buddy.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
No probs, I can do tidier versions fairly easily. It would be helpful to know what size it will be reduced to though so I know what level of detail to go into and also if you have a prefered shape for the logo. The acorn one can vary a lot, one leaf, two leaves, rotated around, whatever you wanted.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Trying to make it look more like a stamp or woodcut. Still needs work but I don't want to do too much until we're getting near what you're after if that's ok.

Gillacorn2s.jpg

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Yeah this is why I need to know how small it will need to be. I'll try a simplified version anyway to see if it works when tiny. The inverted image gives good impact too. I'm not happy with the lettering at the moment though.

Gillacorn3s.jpg

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
It's all helpful as I don't really know how stamps and stuff work. There's no point in me relying on a dark colour for emphasis if it won't be printed as a dark colour or whatever. I'm designing a bit blind at the moment. :p I can wrap the leaf around the back a bit more and go back to the leaf being mostly darker to lift the white in the acorn then thicken up the letters a touch?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE