Make you own gear? Surplus fabrics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham O

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2006
North Wales
I've been having a clear out at work and have a number of roll ends of fabric suitable for outdoor gear and projects. There are microfibres, polycottons, nylons, PVC coated nylons, PU coated nylons, breathable nylons, breathable polyesters, Goretex storm lining and some 3 layer waterproof breathable fabrics. Some of the rolls have 2m on, some have 20m+. There's no value to me in them, so free to a good home. I'd like them to be spread around the outdoor community. All you have to pay is the carriage for them or you can collect from NE Wales.

Tell me what you want and I'll tell you if I've got it.

Graham O

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2006
North Wales
It's not so much generous as I just hate skipping it when I know someone else would make use of it. These were all kept because "it'll come in handy one day", but some have been here for 15 years and I don't think that day will ever come.

I've got some Beaver fabric which is a cotton nylon and very hard wearing, but it's orange or purple. Nothing else I'm afraid.

Graham O

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2006
North Wales
Tarps - yes, loads of green waterproof breathable polyester, blue nylon in various lengths etc. May not be ideal, but for making prototypes, idea.

I've also got some Ventile smocks with matching fibre pile jumpers to go underneath and I'm open to offers on these. What's wrong with them? Size XXS so suitable for 8-10 years olds, but if your youngster(s) want to get out with you, they could be ideal.

Graham O

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2006
North Wales
I'm very interested in the PU coated Nylons and standard nylons/polyesters. Happy to collect.

Okay, thank you. I've got someone coming tonight for some, but I'll put your name on anything left. I'm near Holywell, at CH8 7GR, but I really don't want them hanging around and need them gone by Christmas.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Ok mate, thanks for that. :)

If you could let me know what you have left. I'm a good way away but any excuse to get to the mountains is good by me. :)

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
The main polycotton is some 84" wide navy lightweight polycotton or the cotton nylons above. These fabrics are only minor products for us, so not a lot of them.

You are probably only 30 or 40 mins away from me so I may pop over and take a look. I'm after making a tarp and polycotton would be great for it as it can be used near a fire. I will Pm you now.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I'll happily take all the Goretex and tri-laminate waterproof breathable fabric off your hands! Just need a shipping estimate and to know how much of each you have available :)

Graham O

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2006
North Wales
Hi Everyone. Thank you for your interest and I think that most of the fabrics are probably spoken for. It's probably best if I close the offer now until I've completed the sort out and know what I have and who is having what.

I'll be in touch with everyone individually.

Thanks

Graham

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I've also got some Ventile smocks with matching fibre pile jumpers to go underneath and I'm open to offers on these. What's wrong with them? Size XXS so suitable for 8-10 years olds, but if your youngster(s) want to get out with you, they could be ideal.

My 8 year old would love a ventile smock - please let me know what you are after.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE