Maintaining Swanndri Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I got a great deal on a Swanndri Explorer shirt (like the Ranger only all buttons ) in May and haven't worn it yet as it would seem too warm for summer use. As it's a reasonably snug fit I wondered if experienced users have any advice on washing/cleaning these shirts? Are they likely to shrink when washed? Are there any pitfalls to be aware of? It's a size 42 and if the advice is that it's generally better to buy a larger size, I might be open to barter at the Wilderness Gathering next weekend. Any comments appreciated.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Personally speaking I wash all my swannis, including my xtremes, in the washing machine at home - 40 Degrees, gentle spin and then hang to dry, reshape as needed and youll be fine. I once heard a drop or two of baby oil helps but I havent tried that one.

Hope that helped.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I thought they were handwash I haven't dared put mine in the machine for fear of shrinkage.

If you say so Gary then I will start in the machine because it's loads less hassel.

Bill

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Bill - swannis are tougher than you think and pretty much preshrunk thats why they shed water when new (unless you have a really old one!) - The label does say hand wash but as I say I wash mine as per delicates, 40 degrees on my machine, the machine is probably a more delicate wash than my hand wash anyway!

Also, part of the gumpf, or sales talk, for the Xtreme range is that the waterproof, windproof lining is also washable and as this is attached to the garment that means they go in together - its never done mine any harm although if in doubt always follow the manufacturers instructions!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE