Maglite Doctor Needed, Tempremental Maglite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 26, 2009
My Front Room
I have one mini maglite AA which sometimes lights up and sometimes not. How do these things work, can I repair it or is it for the bin?

Secondly I have an older mini mag lite, the battery is good, bulb is good, but will not light at all. Anyone know of a web site that may be of help.

Thank you for helping

zorro

Nomad
Jun 6, 2009
Chesterfield UK
I've got a couple of these, pretty well bomb proof. All I can suggest is make sure the contacts are clean, give them a rub with wet and dry or scotch brite.

Phil6201

Nov 16, 2008
New Zealand
Sounds like dirty contacts.

Take the tailcap off and remove the spring.

Take out the batteries.

Remove the head and pull out the bulb.

If your feeling a wee bit brave: (Carefully leaver off the plastic disc labelled 'do not remove'.

slide the internals out, be careful as there are two little metal contacts - don't lose or break/distort them.)

Clean all contacts.

Reassemble.

Should work ok now, there's not much to them.

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
TBH I gave up with maglite a couple years back, I've had to many that have given up the ghost and stopped working. Got fed up repairing and cleaning them. Good luck though.

legin

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2009
Spalding
Sometimes the "spring" contact get flattened and loses contact with the battery. I've had this happen and giving it a pull to make it longer worked for me.

Nigel

Togger

Dec 16, 2007
Derbyshire
Why not just send them to the UK dealer;
Burton McCall
163 Parker Drive
Leicester LE4 0JP
England, United Kingdom
Telephone: 44-116-234-4600
Fax: 44-116-235-8031

They have a lifetime guarantee. I have sent a few back over the years, someone once gave me a mini maglite which had the batteries leak inside and they couldn't be removed. I sent it off and within the month I had it returned with a new body, new bulbs, new lens and reflector. No charge!
If you prefer you can send your old ones to me rather than bin them...i'll make use.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Togger is right, they have a lifetime warranty and in my case at least, it worked just fine. Mine (6 C batteries) stopped working several years after purchase. I returned it to the company and the sent me a new light. It has worked fine ever since. Over 20 years.

Why mess with it, and possibly do some harm when they will fix it for you, for free? My advice is listen to Togger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE