madjak "police" flashlight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Richie

Forager
Feb 3, 2004
North Wales
I would be interested to see how many illumes they are. I use a Surefire at work all the time not only as a flash light but as an alternative safety device. Does a great job of temporally blinding the not so nice people that I have to deal with.

It says that it is a bright as a 3-4D cell flash light which make me think that it would be as good as the surefire.

Be interesting to find out though.

:)

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
after a small discussion with joe at ODS, have decided that its best left well alone. no internet details on it, so no clue for getting replacement bulbs etc. might get a G2 instead, but have no money at moment.
steve

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
£16 is a rip off for these lights. Have a look at this thread from BB

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3778

The lights themselves are actually of variable quality but for the price I ended up paying (less than £3 each) they are certainly worth it. due to a problem with the postage I ended up with 6. 2 Led and 4 Xenon. Of the zenon ones 2 have as good a light spill, spot and brightness as my Surfire G2z but have not quite got the same build quality. I know Joe does not rate these lights and goes on about replacement bulbs but I can buy 4 of these lights for the cost of one replacement Surefire bulb.

At the end of the day i would rather have surefire lights but if I knew then what I know now I would have not bought my surefire at all and would have settled for these. Of course I have to point out that my life is never relying solely on one torch.

And on the subject of torches what I did end up with as well is a 1W Luxeon that takes a single cr123a. This is a terrific torch and goes on ebay for under £20 and is really worth it. I will have a look for a link and posr it.

T

Tricky

MagiKelly said:
And on the subject of torches what I did end up with as well is a 1W Luxeon that takes a single cr123a. This is a terrific torch and goes on ebay for under £20 and is really worth it. I will have a look for a link and posr it.

I bought a bare luxeon LED unit with a collimating lens for £8 from farnell and rigged it up with a couple of resistors to reduce the voltage and hooked it up to a 9V battery(didnt have any 3.5lithiums kicking about) on some flying leads so i could rig it in different manners , attach it to a beanie hat or rig it up to my bergen straps , hammock etc, theres also a 5Watt one for 20 quid that i've been thinking about toying with for some serious LED illumination :-D

Virtually weightless excluding the battery

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE