Made myself a spoon today!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I finally got round to making a spoon today, having sliced open my finger which required an operation to repair tendons last year making another one, my carving set has been in a dusty corner of my shed.
But today I got myself some sicamore and set to making this, it's going to be used as a serving spoon.

Didn't take any chances this time!
100_4096.jpg

Almost finished.
100_4102.jpg

All done
100_4107.jpg

100_4111.jpg

It just needs a bit of oil and it'll be ready for use.

Feb 10, 2008
Way out West
great job mate and without the customary blood sacrifice. Bets has been busy whitling as well she should have some more on display soon.
anyway take care mate and see you soon gonna spend 3 days at ghelli awr then a week in norfolk
see you soon.
oh btw i have found my green wool. its a good dark green should be enough for a hood and jerkin

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Nice spoon mate but you might want to adjust your carving position. If you rotate your waist to the right so you are carving on the outside of your leg rather than in your lap you are much less likely to hit your femoral artery if you slip. The leather pad is a good idea. The position feels a bit strange at first but you soon get used to it and it becomes comfortable enough for long sessions.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nice spoon mate but you might want to adjust your carving position. If you rotate your waist to the right so you are carving on the outside of your leg rather than in your lap you are much less likely to hit your femoral artery if you slip. The leather pad is a good idea. The position feels a bit strange at first but you soon get used to it and it becomes comfortable enough for long sessions.

Very good advice, I actually already knew that so I don't know what I was thinking!:rolleyes:

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Very good advice, I actually already knew that so I don't know what I was thinking!:rolleyes:

I still find myself doing it on occasion, you move around to get comfortable and carry on carving. Then you realise what your doing.... Always a bit of a Doh! moment:eek: .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE