Made another but I cant keep it!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
My latest knive is done for a KITH, just the sheath to finish as soon as ive done some family stuff today. Ive had a look at scruffs fish handle shape and tryed that for a change, and I think its very comfy in the forehand and chest lever grips.

Blades 85x20x3 mm 01 and my first blade made from flat ground stock so hope its ok. did the heat treat too.

Handle is Buffalo horn bolster, mazur birch, leather(jacket), brass, leather, and Yew from an old tree job.

100_2782.jpg

100_2785.jpg

100_2786.jpg

100_2787.jpg

100_2789.jpg

Cheers, Addo :)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice work! That blade looks real tidy and the yew sets it off real nice. Looks like the handle is real comfy as well, someone's going to be pleased with that one!

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Got the flint knapping bug again after meeting John lord again yesterday, so think i'll have a break from knives for a bit and finish my Yew long bow and arrows if I manage it.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Hope you like it Gary, I was a tad worried about passing on one to a proper knife maker like yourself. Guess thats what the KITH is all about though and Ive been glad to be involved. Im loving the look of the one I won.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE