FINALLY done it.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
As long as I've been making knives I've wanted to do a decent stacked leather handled knife for myself.

Sorry for the bad photo:

I've done it on a Polar blade. It took a lot longer and made considerably more mess than I thought but it's light and very very comfy to use.

It had three coats of cyano acrylic which has made the handle solid and impervious, it has buffalo horn at the back set with epoxy but the rest was done with PVA after I cut all the holes rectangular to fit the tang tightly.

What's more the Polar is wicked sharp and I love using it, I'll just have to watch the wife doesn't nick it.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Polars rock! I take a polar over a lauri any day. Nice handle too. Never tried stacked leather, but I have lots of scrap so I really should I suppose.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I love stacked leather handles, they're just so comfortable and light.......the proportions of your handle suit the polar blade extremely well and it looks great.................atb mac

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Thanks for all the kind words.

Thanks for the I wore goggles, mask and ear defenders on the sander. Looked like I'd had a bag of dust thrown on me.

Care is needed. Dunc, we may have to make up some of those woody blades with stacked handles. Should look great.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE