Made a kydex saw cover

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Rockfarm

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2021
56
116
53
Costa Rica
youtube.com
I've been doing a bit of carving with my knife lately and really enjoy it. Right now I'm in the process of carving an entire walking stick from local wood. A lot of the time I rest the handle butt on my leg and grab the back of the blade for percise cuts. The knife has about 3" of saw teeth on the spine, not a huge issue but you have to be aware. This morning I used a 3.5" x 1" piece of kydex, heat molded over a thinner piece of steel to make a cover for the saw teeth. It really worked out well, thought I'd share! :)
IMG-20220104-095350-2.jpg
IMG-20220104-095427-2.jpg
IMG-20220104-095409-2.jpg
IMG-20220104-095639-2.jpg
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE