mackerel?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Went for a stroll with the dog on Sunday, headed East along the shore towards the mouth of the River Almond opposite Cramond.

There were loads of folk fishing from just past The Hawes pier most of the way along the Shellbeds. They were catching mackerel by the dozen and a few had trout.

Monday morning I'm up, showered, dressed and hot footing it to Longcraig pier East of the Forth Rail Bridge. Just as I drop my gear (tidily as I'll have to move back as the tide comes in) I see a sea trout jump and splash ahead of me!

Spinning with a beach caster earned me two sea trout which were skewered above a wee fire. Not having done this in yonks, my right arm ached for a day or two.

Great fun though!

Liam

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Went snorkeling the other day,cant help you with Mackeral,but the sea here is literally full of Pollack,mostly Juvi ones though i did see quite a few keeper's, and a mahoosive conger!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE