Machetes - condor, Ontario and tramontina.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
After a somewhat fruitful tool collection the other week I got busy refurbishing a martindale panga machete that was amongst the lot. It got me thinking about adding to my hoard with a brand new one to work on.

Now I've got several as it is and I will always praise tramontina machetes as the best value out there that I've tried! But.. I haven't tried one of the Ontario branded machetes or the condor ones.

Has anyone here used a tramontina and an Ontario jungle/cutlass and/or a condor golok??

These are the one I'll likely buy..

Cheers!

MrFrido

Jul 5, 2013
Reggio Emilia Italy
The tramontina are nice and light, I like the plastic handled ones or the 12" wooden handled one, but they come dull and need some work to be usable. the steel is quite good.
I got the Ontario 18" military style machete, the classic latin shape, and they are heavier and thougher. they are better then the trams for chopping wood, but the handle is terrific, squared and hard.

I would suggest an 18" tram for the brushes and brambles etc., and a 12" ontario for the "big knife" tasks.

I do not own condors, but the marbles ones that are made by the same company, Imacasa, are fantastic machetes, light and strong and extremely sharp out of the box.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I had a chance to play with CLEM's Condor this weekend and was really impressed. The machete was spot on, but it needed a better sheath.

CTK42313HC.jpg

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Looks nice

I might go for the plastic handled tramontina Latin, as i know for a fact they do the heat treat right! I just fancied a different handle style similar to the Ontario. After better reading it seems like the okc machetes have crap handles and less flexible blades.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE